Chapter 5 Dorky Mint

"Remember class, tomorrow is father's day and we will have a special program. Please come to school with your father. There will be a special fun program and performances. Make sure to give the letter to your dad." My class teacher distributes a letter to every pupil.

Heol it's not time to go home yet, and we received the letters already. I mean why can't you ruin my mood just as I was about to go home.

I peek at the folded letter and sigh knowing even when dad can make it, he won't come. Never in my seven years of living had he contributed to school events. It's always me by myself.

I am dispirited and apparently my bad mood radiates dark energy that Mr. Jeffrey smells it.

"(y/n)! It's your turn now.. what are we singing today?" the music teacher expectantly waits for my unconstrained excitement. Well usually it is hard for me to sit still during music class, but today I seem to enjoy sitting in silence than anything else.

I stay silent for a moment, "Can I skip once?"

"What's bothering my favorite singer here?" Mr. Jeffrey takes his fingers off from the piano when it is my turn to sing.

There is no smile on my face when I shake my head and say "Nothing..."

Of course Jeffrey knows something really bad happened if I am refusing to sing. He knows forcing me will only end with me crying. So he kindly lets me pass this once with a side note that I will have to meet him after school. I heartlessly nod and return to my table.

School finished, I manage to sit still in silence for 3 lessons after lunch. When it's time to go home, I carry my backpack and walk to the music class. I take my time, knowing that Mr.Jeffrey may be cleaning up from his last class.

He sees me through the door window and opens the door for me. With no rush he offers me chocolates and talks about other things like the latest song from my favorite group to the latest flavor of ice cream. His chocolate raises my mood a little bit and I feel some of the burden in my heart gone.

He quickly gets into conversation and I absentmindedly explains what bothers me. I told him I was sad knowing that my father won't attend tomorrow's fun day.

"Dad is always busy.. I just know it I'll be alone tomorrow. Might as well skip school, but dad won't let me live." I chuckle dryly.

Jeffrey however sympathize with me, he told me when he was growing up in States, his father also doesn't have much time for him. That explains how he can understand me completely.

"So, rather than you attending the program alone, I can substitute your dad. Besides tomorrow I have no class. I know what it feels like, and I hate that. What do you think?" Mr Jeffrey offers me a great solution. His eyes are sparkling and I am really surprised someone would want to take over Dad's place.

"That is so nice of you... I'll try to bring dad.. but if I can't.." my sentence is cut by his sweet voice

"I'll be your guardian for the day." Jeffrey brings a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Great! Thank you! I think someone's waiting for me already." I bid my farewell and hop to the school's lobby. I run my vision through the parking lot and spot my car. Carefully I make my way to the vehicle and go home. Today's driver is Lucas.

--

The moment I arrive home, I have to attend Lucas' lecture night. It's studying for tests and reviewing materials with Lucas. The lack of privacy if I go to institutes is too high. Taeyong tried bringing in tutors and all of them are fired for not keeping their mouth shut. A lot of news spread from tutors... they brag about their rich student.. gossip to their friends how secretive this one student it.. and Taeyong hated each one of them. So when Lucas joins the team, Taeyong found the perfect man.

"What's the schedule tomorrow? Any test? Homework?" Lucas asks as we enter the study room.

I shake my head and hand him the letter. He automatically opens it and runs his eyes.

"Right. Tomorrow's father's day. Hmm.. okay have fun then! Tonight we'll only review your Chinese and you're free."

I Smile at him Lucas knows I also want my free time and that's why he only assign me one schedule tonight.

Since I enjoy learning language, time passes by like light and I am ready to shower and eat dinner. Taeyong is still away, so I eat dinner with the remaining people. Weird how there's no one else except Lucas.

After dinner, I say goodbye to Lucas and go into my room. There I start doodling and writing a hand written letter for Taeyong. While humming my favorite song and concentrating on my drawings, I finish my sincere letter. I paste a picture of us on the letter and blow on it to dry. Next, I fold everything neatly and secure them in a blue envelope. I give it a small kiss and keep it in my bag. If tomorrow dad's coming I will present the letter after the performance. Or I can give it before I go to school right?

Taeyong returns from his work late at night. With Baekhyun and the other boys they look tired and annoyed.

Lucas managed to hand Taeyong the letter, but the said man can only sigh and put the letter down on his desk. No, he can't attend that tomorrow.. not with the current situation he is facing.

Kwon Se Ri called again today and that sick lady was laughing most of the time. She repeatedly offers him a deal which Taeyong strongly rejects. That goes on until the last thing Taeyong wants to hear in any minute.. is her voice. Right at that moment his phone rings and he curses when her name flashes back for the tenth time today.

He rejects the call and blocks her number. Wondering why he did not do this earlier.

There's a message though from an unknown number.

"Get ready,You chose the wrong decision. If you change your mind, come to my place tonight and you won't regret."

Taeyong scoffs. 헐! That woman made a crazy deal. She said Taeyong can have all of her company's asset if he agrees to sign the marriage papers with a side note (y/n) is sent to a boarding school or others and crossed out from Taeyong's hand. She wanted a new story with Taeyong.

Of course Taeyong will not let (y/n) lose him or vice versa. He can't lose her daughter.. she is his wife's last treasure and she is also his daughter. Why would Taeyong leave her or worse sell her.

Never. Taeyong would never in his life do that.