Chapter 4 Miss me?

Things happen as if the day (y/n) got shot never happened. For one month there is nothing peculiar to the daily life of (y/n). September passes by regularly. SuperM concluded it was only an unfortunate event. Taeyong leads his group back to deal with illegal expedition of guns and fire arms. They strike back to black dealers and work for requests too. Taeyong once again gets carried over by his works, and forgot he has a growing daughter who needs attention and love. The father and daughter barely sees each other. Many dinner promises are canceled because of sudden calls and urgent matters. (y/n) is tired of her father and she bottles it inside her heart.

Tonight, Taeyong steps his feet on the expensive marble tiles the sun has set. It's half past six... Taeyong once again sadly has to postpone his dinner date with (y/n). It hurts his heart when he steps into his house and found a well dressed (y/n) waiting for him in the living room. She has stars in her eyes and Taeyong feels a pang in his heart, for he knows the words he says will only put out those sparkles.

"You're so beautiful tonight!" just as Taeyong was about to continue his words, his phone rings and Taeyong sees the sudden change in her eyes.

"We can't have dinner together again right?" I stare into the floor and laugh at myself for being too hopeful. I should have known Dad never have time for me. I'm not his first priority right?

Taeyong chooses to ignore the call, instead he kneels down on one knee and with his apologetic look, he begs me for forgiveness as per usual.

"It's okay dad.. I get it.. your call is very important right. Besides its just another dinner. Nothing special." I hold back my tears and dash to my room. I don't care if Taeyong will scold me for running away, besides I look back and saw him picking up the call and hardheartedly walks to the office. Sometimes I wonder does he ever consider my feelings?

After crying my heart out alone, I step out of my room and silently creep into Taeyong's bedroom. There, I'm always amazed by the cleanliness and tidiness. It looks like no one has ever slept here. With my broken heart, I walk to the big bed and crawl to the center. As I sit my self comfortably between pillows and covers, I stare into the big picture hung ahead of me. It is no other than the wedding picture of my parents. As much as I secretly come here to have my lonely time with my feelings, seeing my mother through the picture always helps me. I look into the happy couple. Sometimes I wonder if mother is still here with us, will dad acts like this? Will things be different? I never ask that to dad.. for.. I know no matter how strong he looks like, it's not a surprise if I busted him crying alone at night while clutching into mother's portrait. I caught him one rainy night, when I can't fall asleep and quietly made my way to Tae's bed room... just to be surprised by his stifling self. I did not come in, I stayed there watching him.. and cried too... since then, I know that dad is working so hard for me... and I must not make him cry.

After a good one minute of looking the happy portrait, I wipe my stream of tears.

"mother..." I mutter the word that feels foreign in my tongue.

And in this big room, I feel warmth and a comforting embrace.

"I'm tired..." I pull my knee and bury my face as I feel another big wave of tears flooding.

"I'm sad... I .. I need love.. I need attention." I scream and shout.

"I need someone to hold me.. I'm afraid.." I hug my legs closer and flooded my pajamas pants.

"I want to see you.. I miss you.." that being my final words and the room suddenly feels big again and cold and heartless.

I did no effort to wipe my tears. For every time I wipe them off, the pain pops back and more tears flow. I hear my stomach grumbles from the lack of foods in it. But the sadness in my heart won over my hunger. I cry myself to sleep with wet cheeks and empty stomach on top of Taeyong's big bed.