Part Seventeen: Stating The Obvious

Start from the beginning

"That's great.. I never doubted you." Charlie uttered before finding herself pulled away by her grey-skinned girlfriend who looked worry.

"You really trust this guy to advertise our hotel? He doesn't even believe in our cause!!" Vaggie hissed. "Who knows how he pitched it to the TV Demon!"

"Well, he can't do any worse than we did on the 666 News, right?" Charlie added with a sheepish grin unable to forget that humiliation.

Vaggie sighed heavily.

"Just be wary, ok? That's all I ask.."

"Fine Vaggie but he promised me no tricks, remember?" Charlie added with a smile before turning to the Radio Demon. "So.. When can we expect them over for filming?" She added curiously.

"Yeh and where is Husk? Is he coming back to the bar or what!" Vaggie burst out pushing herself in front of Charlie, hardly missing the fact that the hulking demon cat was not with the Radio Demon at this present moment.

Alastor looked unconcerned and merely continued to grin in the same detached manner.

"He won't be resuming his post until tomorrow. The negotiations took their toll on him. I'm afraid he needs to rest awhile longer.. Incidentally, he's the one you have to thank for getting Vox onboard. When he wants to be my dear Husker can be very persuasive.." The manner he said this in and the way his red eyes glowed made both girls share a look of wide-eyed unease but Alastor immediately brightened. "And the crew come in a matter of days so I will have Niffty whip this place into shape.. Now, how do we all feel about venison? I'm in the mood to celebrate!" He added jovially before turning and heading towards the kitchen humming joyfully.

...........

"So wait. If he's back what happened to Husk?" This was the first thing Angel Dust asked the moment he sat down at the dining room table that had been laid out nearest the double doors to the kitchen.

"Haven't seen him but Alastor says he needs to rest.." Charlie replied with a smile. "He'll be back on the bar tomorrow though.."

"Great.." The spider demon uttered in a somewhat sarcastic tone looking unimpressed.

"Don't you find this a bit suspicious?" Vaggie said to her girlfriend. "We don't even know what was said during this negotiation and this is the second time Alastor has sent Husk off to do private business for him. What if they're in cahoots.." Her words made Angel laugh out loud.

"Sure they're in cahoots babe. They've clearly known each other for years but he probably got fuckin' shit-faced at the meeting and needs to sleep it off.. Quit worryin', will ya? I'll go check on him later.."

"Urh! Of course you will cause you have a massive boy crush.." Vaggie responded turning her head in disgust.

"Hey—" Angel began but she cut him off.

"Don't try to deny it! I've seen the way you moon over him.."

"Vaggie, take it easy. If Angel likes Husk that's his business.." Charlie said in a soothing tone.

"Thank you!" Angel retorted it's his arms out-stretched before blinking stunned and folding both arms. "Wait? Is it that fuckin' obvious?"

"Are you kidding? You can see the signs from heaven they are so obvious.." Vaggie smirked in amusement but conversation died the moment the double doors banged open and the Radio Demon arrived with a massive grin and snapped his fingers and his shadows served up dinner.

"I hope your all hungry!! Dig in.." He trilled joyfully and sat down at the head of the table as the shadows vanished and an awkward silence descended over them as they eyed the plates hoping it was actually venison and not something else..