CHAPTER 1

*Two years ago*

From Katherine's point of view.
A time when her group included a bunch of nerds and Lily.

***********

"So when we factorise x^2-6x+8, we have 2 roots." My maths teacher wrote on the blackboard and read it out loud with the shrill voice and poor accent. I solved it within a second.

I rose my hand and nobody except my teacher seemed to care. Other children just rolled their eyes away. *Jealously*

"Yes Katherine but I need to give other children chances too. "
Apparently even She didn't bother to listen it.

I heard Sarah scoff from behind and Lily turned around to talk to my archenemy Sarah.
"Hey how to solve it?" Lily asked Sarah.

"Hmm, I think we need to subtract 2x from 8x. And ......"

I intervened."No, it's wrong."

Lily shushed me. "No, no it's right."

I shook my head, "I'm pretty sure it's wrong, see we get two factors negative 2x and negative 4x. Because when we add these two we get a negative 6x and when we multiple 2 and 4 we get an 8."

"I didn't even understand a single word." Sarah muttered to Lily.

"Maybe because it's wrong." Lily replied.

"Katherine" My teacher shouted.

"You've been gossiping for a while now. You know the answer doesn't mean other people do. Best way to score more is to disturb others according to you. Right? You need to stop with bad competition. Help others." My teacher was always an asshole. She hated me because I never attended any of her classes, I was either participating in one competition or another but still managed to top. She was frustrated with me and me too.

I lowered down my head. I heard Sarah scoff from behind. I hate her so much. She has always been like this. Backbiting and stealing all my friends away from me.

Lily is fine, but the problem is she's extremely gullible. I'll never find a best friend. I'll leave this school after 2 years and start over. Just 2 years Katty, hold on.

My teacher glanced at Lily. "Lily, tell us the answer. When we factorize it we get 2 answers 6 and 8."

"Silly girl, I've taught this thing over a thousand times, wonder when you'll understand it. Next time don't sit with Katherine. " She ordered her to sit.

Even when Lily's wrong, I'm the one to be snapped at. I don't understand my teacher.

The bell rang and Lily got up from the seat and talked to Sarah and then turned to me
"You knew the answer and you still didn't tell us, don't be that mean."

I didn't even say anything. I told them but it was them who didn't chose to hear me. I got up from my desk and left the class room.

I went out and saw my sister who was 4 yrs older than me and apparently she was standing there with bunch of her friends and The love of her life.

The love of her life , 'Sid. ' And I were pretty close friends. No doubt he too was 4 yrs older than me but we were similar in too many ways which made us great together.

Sid bent over to reach my height and said, "Me, Veronica and some of our friends are going to bunk the school. Help us."

I looked at Veronica, my sister.
"Oh my god, mom and dad are going to kill us." I frowned.

Veronica shouted, "I know. " In a high pitched voice.

Sid looked at her ,"These are memories, when you leave the school. You are going to remember this shit and laugh."

I intervened, "Correction, she won't remember it because she'd be dead already. Thanks to you." Our parents are the most conservative one. They think my sister has a bunch of girlfriends and she studied all the day at school. The truth is she only has guy friends. Which is apparently quite frowned upon.
*Sterotypes*
And she bunks all of her classes. And now she is going to take it to the next level.

"How will you get out of here? " I crossed a look

"The wall of your block height isn't even that tall. And it leads directly to a street. We'll get out.
Sid's car has been parekd outside. We'll get there. Spend the rest of our day with James, Jacob and Colin"

Is she serious? She is going to spend the rest of the day outside the school by climbing a f****** wall . I shivered.

"And what do I say when the bus teacher asks of you?" I took a deep breath.

"Tell her I went home with Papa." Veronica said

"And what do I do if papa sees me on his way back home. And I am alone without YOU?"

"Well that's just an 80% chance" She pouted.

"80%.. are you kidding me.?" Jacob one of her friends interrupted me half way and said.
"We are not asking you we are telling you."

He maybe my senior but I have leverage against him. I looked at him and rose my left eyebrow and gave him a death look. He started laughing.

I turned around to my sister"But seriously if papa and mama ever find out, they're going to kill me because you will be in your college 3 months from now. I still have to face 4 yrs with them. "

"See, I have everything figured out. When you leave from school in your school bus, take your teacher's phone and call me. We'll leave from the place where we are too. At our stop there is 50% chance mom will meet us there. But she usually gets home earlier than us. So that's just a probability. If she does then face it or lie. Make up something. You're smart. If papa comes then we are dead by afternoon. I can still lie or convince mama......" She stopped and Sid continued her sentence.

"But your father is the real monster. If he ever finds out we all would be dead. He looked at me, V and all her friends."

Everyone nodded along and said "So true. " In unison.

My teacher came and shouted, "Get back in your class. Where do you think you're going?"

"Bye bye Kat. Plz save my ass." She said and all of them went away.

I went back to my class but the thought that my sister will bunk the school by climbing the school wall pondered over my head.
God, You know I pray every night. Just help me out of this one.