Chapter 4

Y/n's heart is beating erratically. Their eyes meet again. The sun rays beamed perfectly into his helmet revealing his beautiful hazel eyes. They were soft and warm and filled with care. Y/n can feel something growing inside but she doesn't know what it is.

"I'll protect you y/n. You don't need to worry about being alone", Tank whispered.

Y/n turns redder than a tomato. Her cheeks are hot. Tank notices the change in y/n's face and feels bad. "Ah sorry for making you uncomfortable, I didn't mean to." Tank sputtered bashfully"No no thank you so much, I really appreciate it." Y/n replied. Y/n's world is spinning, she can't believe he just said that. "He is so respectful and attentive, wow." She thought.

The day finally concluded and the protest was over. It was one of the best days y/n has ever experienced.
"So you'll be going home now?" Y/n asked. "Yeah, i gotta change first tho, I dont want to freak people on the train" tank laughs. Of course the sight of a big man wearing dark armor would certainly raise suspicion.

"Since you'll be tagging along with me, you should have my number, so i can find you." Tank advised. "You- trust me?" Y/n babbled. "Ah its just a disposable number in an old disposable nokia, so you shouldn't worry."

Y/n is relieved that tank isn't just handing out his personal info like that but she is also jabbed because she realizes that tank doesn't trust her enough. She understands because they've talked only for three days and it is better to be careful of everyone.

"Oh I should've asked if you're okay with giving me your number..." Tank pointed out. "Oh sure its fine. I trust you, you're definitely not a cop haha." Y/n joked. Y/n couldn't believe she is getting the contact of the guy she's been gushing over for days. It feels like a dream. Y/n types in her number on Tanks Nokia 3110. She doesn't remember the last time she held one. Its pretty impressive how it still works today 23 years later.

"Hey spec ops!", a voice sounded. "Omg you're that tall protestor guy!" Another one called. Soon a crowd starts forming around him. It caught tank and y/n off guard. Especially Tank, he isn't a guy who enjoys crowds. Tank became a nervous wreck, as people surrounded him with cameras. Y/n just stood there phone in hand frozen in place. "Hey you're really popular online! I love the gear! Would you mind me interviewing you?". A man asks. He fiddles with his armor as he nervously replies.

"O-oh sorry but I'm not comfortable being on camera." Tank explained.

He continuously tries to fix his gloves and looking away. Its clear he is really shy. "Then we won't record you, we will just ask, is that okay with you?" The man asks. Tank hesitates at first but then nodded. He began interviewing tank about his feelings towards the overnight fame he has gotten. Y/n steps back to give all the limelight to him, because after all he is the center of attention right now. She also doesn't want to raise suspicion, because she knows lots of girls on the internet are all over him, she doesn't want to be attacked.

Tank's words are inspiring, his ideology and morals are definitely high. He presents himself in such a polite manner it's mesmerizing. The interview finally concludes, but people won't leave him. Tank tries to get away. He asks to have his phone, hastily picks up his things and said goodbye to y/n and the crowd as he dashed and disappears into an alleyway.

"Damn tank is becoming one big celebrity" y/n thought. "Oh well good for him, hopefully no will dox him. "

Y/n starts to walk home. She climbs into the bus and stood. The bus is filled with protesters coming home. It was crowded. "Did you see tank the spec ops guy just now? Wow he really is tall" "I wonder if he has a girlfriend haha" " i think that one is riot? Idk they said there are multiple spec ops people" " hey look i took a pic if him, my god he his gorgeous"

Y/n was speechless. Tank really is a star. Y/n starts to feel insecure and undeserving to be tagging along with him and having his phone number. "Look at these girls, they look better and i bet if they had met tank first before me, tank would be better off" y/n thought sadly. "How would they feel if this lowly nobody was embraced by the man they worshipped?..well not really embrace it was more of a pat on the shoulder but still...thats alot for someone you recently met. Why does he trust me ao much, why did he say he'd protect me, why me?"

Y/n thoughts race as the cars swift by. The glow of the moonlight set the mood. She was alone with her thoughts.

She arrives in her small dingy apartment. She showered and crawled into bed. She clutches her phone and stares vigorously, just hoping for at least a text. She lays in despair. "Why do I care so much, I barely know this man." Her phone dings. Y/n scrambles to get her phone to see that Tank sent her a hello. Y/n is squealing into her pillow. "What should i say? Should i even reply!" She thought.

"Hey tank! Have you gone home yet?|"

"Is that too intrusive?"

"Hey tank!|"

"Ok much better, send!"

She waits for a response but it never came, she eventually grew tired and fell asleep, phone in hand as she dreams of seeing tanks face.

~

(Man my fanfics are some slow burners eh? I also updated the cover with my fanart i hope u enjoyyy...sorry for the late update i was procrastinating KSSK ANy ways have a good day simps 🥰💞)