ch. ─── sixteen

Beginne am Anfang

"Anything?" Todoroki re-adjusted his cuffs, the boy seeking Kaminari before hero training started the next day.

The blonde look over at Hajime sitting by herself at the wall. Her eyes were closed and her arms crossed. She didn't even try to pretend she wanted to be here.

A shake of the head. "No..."

"And Areum?"

"She didn't give any details. But all she said was to give her space," Kaminari told him.

The boy's face was usually blank and unreadable, however, Todoroki couldn't hide away the concern he had watching what his friend was currently going through. It wasn't a path that would lead anywhere good, and he was frustrated with himself that he couldn't do anything to stop her from this spiral.

"What happened?"

It was more to himself than to Kaminari, but the blonde couldn't help but think about the same thing since that night. She didn't text him or even called to say she was going to bed and left him all alone in his room waiting. It wasn't until Mina texted him later on asking if she was okay, she mentioned how Hajime was upset when coming back in.

"Why can't you talk to me, Mayami..."

Kaminari was on his bed staring up at his ceiling, a troubled expression on his face. Ever since Hajime started ignoring everyone, Kaminari had trouble falling asleep. His quirk would act up late at night with all the pent-up emotions, he would play with the electricity bouncing off his fingers until he fell asleep.

Tonight he did the same thing. However, Kaminari was just frustrated with everything.

When he hears something heavy hit his window, Kaminari accidentally shoots out a spark and nearly destroys his the lamp in his room. He clutches his band tee and looks over at his curtains, his eyes narrowing at the shadow and feels his heart beginning to pump louder.

He tackles the body that tumbles into his room, a shrill shriek leaving their mouth as Kaminari pins them to the floor. But as the moonlight seeps in through his curtains, Kaminari recognizes the soft platinum hair and violet eyes.

"Maya?"

With flushed cheeks, Hajime blinks up at him. But as she recognized his stressful features, Hajime shamelessly caresses the bone of his cheek to the curve of his jaw. "You look tired, Kami."

He furrows his brows; Hajime frowns when he pushed himself off her. The blonde grabs her and stands her up, already smelling the alcohol on her breath as she staggers on her own two feet.

He pursed his lips. "Yeah... I haven't been sleeping properly."

"Why?"

"Because." He stares into her gaze, her pupils large and lips plump. Kaminari sighs, his fingers brushing away the strands from her face. "You're ignoring everyone and I don't know what to do to help."

Her expression contorts and Hajime rolls her eyes and almost falls over. "Cry me a river. I don't need help."

"Yeah—" His hand watched her waist before she hits her head—"Say that to me again tomorrow morning."

His touch makes her stomach flutter and heart pound, Hajime feeling the heat crawl all over her body as she squirms away from his touch. She was so confused, and the alcohol just helped with everything she didn't want to deal with.