ch. ─── nine

[09] CRACKED MASK

[09] CRACKED MASK

"I KNOW ASKING YOU to forgive me is not gonna happen, but at least let me make it up to you?" The memory makes her groan.

"Please take my words to heart. You don't have to be best buds with the guy... but at least apologize."

Hajime was currently making her way to the gym for hero training, and for some reason, her mind was playing some sick game. Ever since yesterday, she couldn't help but think about all the things Todoroki had said to her. It was odd for him to defend Kaminari she thought, never once having seen them talk before. Yet, he still defended the guy. It was driving Hajime's mind into a frenzy, and it especially didn't help when her best friend's words decided to make a special cameo in her inner thoughts.

"... Becoming friends with Kaminari huh?" When she stepped into the gym, scanning the space for the irritating fluff of electric yellow, a bored expression made its way to her pale face. Except, she raised a brow when he was nowhere to be seen. It was pretty rare for that to happen since he was always around when Hajime lets him that is.

"Have you guys seen Kaminari anywhere?"

Sero and Mina jump at the sound of her voice, their heads snapping back as they stare back at Hajime with caution. She decided to ask them since they were his friends, but also because she never really interacted with them before so it would be nice to get more acquainted.

"Oh— Hey Hajime," Sero said with a high pitch. "What's up?"

She narrows his eyes on him, scrutinizing his every feature. Hajime couldn't remember if Sero really sounded like a girl or not. "I'm looking for Kaminari. Have you guys seen him?" she asks, Mina, glancing at her side.

"The last time I saw him was before we went in to change," She said, Sero nodding along to her words.

"Me too."

Hajime presses her lips into a thin line. "Sero? Didn't you head into the locker room with him?"

"Oh... Right."

She deadpans to the raven-haired boy's ridiculous comment, not quite sure what to make of Kaminari's friends so far. "Well then—" Hajime smiles awkwardly at the two—"Thanks for the help anyway, I'll try asking someone else."

Before you turned around, Mina reached out to you. "Hajime? When you do see him can you try and cheer him up?"

She tries not to make a face. "Why? Is he sick or something?"