ch. ─── seven

[07] UNNEEDED TRAUMA

AS THE BOYS FINISH changing into their gym uniforms, Kaminari slumps down on a bench outside waiting for his friends. Today they were going to Gamma Gym to work on their quirks, however, Mr.Aizawa still hasn't declared as to how.

For the last three years, Kaminari has indeed improved his quirk, he doesn't short-circuit when using his quirk and added a few more gadgets to his hero gear. Although he's improved significantly since his first year, Kaminari still had a lot to work on. He certainly doesn't go dumb as much, but whenever he uses one of his ultimate moves... it's first-year Chargebolt all over again.

"Hey, you good?"

He blinks away his thoughts. "Oh—Yeah! I'm great," Kaminari squeaks, Sero only raising a brow in response.

The boy sits next to him, the rest of their group still inside the locker room. "You sure? 'Cause, you've been acting weird the past few days."

A nervous grin spreads across his face. "Is it that noticeable?" Sero nods, Kaminari rubbing his nape. "It's nothing serious so you don't have to worry," he assures.

"If you say so," he says. "But if you need anything I got your back."

"Thanks, but this is something I gotta do on my own..."

Kaminari leans forward and holds his face in his hands, the same thoughtful look dancing in his eyes. Although Sero has no doubt that if Kaminari had a problem he'll tell him, he still watched him warily, his friend's behaviour so unusual.

"I hope we have to fight with one another. Hopefully, I get paired up with that new chick so we'll finally see what her damn quirk is," a voice said from the locker room, followed by some footsteps. Both Sero and Kaminari give a look to one another, their attention landing on the explosive boy himself.

"Yeah, I have to say, I am curious as to what it is. She still hasn't really said anything about it since she enrolled," Kirishima added, Kaminari's eyes going wide for a moment.

"Are you guys talking about Hajime?"

Bakugo and Kirishima turn towards Sero. "Who else would we be talking about? That chick is definitely hiding something."

Kaminari tilts his head to the side. "What do you mean by that?"

"Exactly what I said," Bakugo scowls.

"But you never even spoke to her."

"And?"

Kaminari sighs and looks back at the wall in front of him. "Don't you think it's rude to say that to someone you barely know?"