ch. ─── two

[o2] RARE CASE

[o2] RARE CASE

HAJIME STOOD IN front of the school gates, ignoring the eyes that were glued on her as she stared at her new school in all of its glory. She watched her new classmates laugh with their friends and bump shoulders, holding their bags and complaining about homework. Hajime didn't bother to introduce herself or ask for help, she just continued forward and remained a mystery.

"It should be on the other side of the building," she mumbled to herself, looking around the school for her homeroom.

When Hajime reached the top of the staircase her eyes landed on a boy with dual-coloured hair. It took her a moment to recognize the boy, the scar over his left side triggering something from a sports festival she heard about last year. Not only was Shoto Todoroki one of the many celebrity students at UA, but he was undoubtedly the most handsome.

Looking back at her last date, Todoroki was a major upgrade. He was a part of the Big Three and has excellent grades. Not to mention an exceptional hero. If Hajime managed to snag Todoroki as her boyfriend, the attention she'll get would be ten times more than just some random pretty boy she met at a grocery store.

She practically skipped down the stairs, Hajime's eyes glistening with amusement.

"Um, e-excuse me?" She stuttered and batted her eyes obliviously.

The handsome boy looks her way without a reaction, his face, blank as he stared at her with the same curiosity.

Hajime tries to hide her disappointment. "Do you know where I can find class 3-A? I'm sort of lost."

The newest student of UA passes off a timid smile, playing with her hands as she tried to appear nervous. Hajime knew all the tricks in the book for someone to lower their guard, Todoroki responding just as she had hoped. His eyes looked her up and down, observing every detail he can capture within seconds. Hajime boasted with pride, however, her reasons couldn't be further from the truth.

Todoroki was far from checking her out. In fact, something told the young hero that she was familiar. He had no idea what capabilities she had to be a hero. However, Todoroki knew she had to be special if she was transferring during the third year.

"Have we met before?" He asked her, Hajime's smile faltering.

Her stepping wavered, Hajime's hand going to her nape. "I'm not sure. Maybe you're confused with someone else?"

She watched his brow furrow. "I'm certain we've met," he reassures. "I just can't remember..."

Watching his gaze fall to the floor in deep thought, Hajime's hands fell to her sides. His face alone made her bite her lip, contemplating why she felt so guilty for lying. She shouldn't care so much.