tanaka ryūnosuke, Simp Extraordinaire

Start from the beginning

i sighed, slumping over a bit and dragged my hand across my face.

"i'm feeling emotionally drained and want to text asahi that i miss him."

"well... why not?"

"why not?! i was dumped! i can't do that and be a weird, clingy ex!"

"i guess... would you like a hug for now?"

"yeah, that sounds good. oh, separate hugs from both of you, group hugs are never any good."

after hugging both of them, i felt a little better.

"thanks, guys. you really are real ones."

"no prob," kinoshita said with finger guns.

"that's what we're here for," narita added.

i nodded, and let my mind drift a bit. i wonder how chikara and ryū's talk is going...

.ennoshita.

"we need to talk," i said once we had gotten outside. we had stopped in the small courtyard by the club room.

he looked a little startled.

"okay... what about?"

"you know what about. why are you avoiding me? why don't you wanna talk about what happened?"

he hunched his shoulders.

"it's hard..."

"why? are you doubting your feelings? regretting choosing me?"

"no! of course not! i just... i've never... i never thought..."

"that you'd end up with a guy?"

"yeah... that. it's all so new and terrifying and one minute i'll be like, 'okay, this is chill,' and the next minute i'm like, 'hold on a second! i've only had this figured out for like, a day! and i've only been thinking about it for... not even a week!' and it's scary... also i think you're really cute which kind of makes me nervous."

he was blushing, and i'm sure i must've been as well, given how hot my face felt.

i smiled.

"thanks... i think you're cute too. and i guess i understand why you feel so nervous about all this. i've had more time to think about all this and process it, but it's still fresh for you."

"yeah, and um... this is also kind of my first relationship... at all?"

i did a double take.

"wait... are you telling me that tanaka ryūnosuke, the ultimate simp, has never been in a relationship? before me?"

he ducked his head, turning even redder.

"nope, never. and uh... i also only had my first kiss recently."

"was that me too?"

"uh... technically no."

"technically no?"

"noya kissed me a couple days ago when he first brought this up... i don't really count that one though..."

i was stunned into silence for a second, then started laughing.

"of course he did! oh, that nishinoya..."

"so you're not mad?"

"of course i'm not mad. i mean, it all happened before we got together, so i don't mind."

"yeah, you're right."

"speaking of... i know it's scary, but could you put more effort into this relationship? it doesn't have to be any pda or anything extreme, but... at least acknowledge it."

he fidgeted with his hands a little, and nodded.

"alright. you- ennoshita chikara- are my- tanaka ryūnosuke's- boyfriend. i never thought i'd be in a relationship with a guy, but i'm glad it's you, and i really like you."

he breathed out a big sigh after he was done.

"i like you too. and i'm glad you're my boyfriend."

we stood awkwardly for a moment, and just when i was about to turn away, he stopped me and put his hand on my face.

he looked into my eyes, and said, "i really do like you. and i don't think i'll be changing my mind on that any time soon."

then, he leaned in and kissed me.

it was a little longer than our first kiss, but still relatively short.

we pulled away, and started heading to the club room.

i grabbed his hand and said, "i'm glad noya brought this up to you. otherwise we might not be here now." i laughed. "i'll have to thank him later for being my wingman."

ryū laughed too.

"yeah, he is pretty good for that."

"by the way, i'm glad we talked about this. if you're ever feeling insecure or anything again, just tell me, okay? you can talk to me about anything."

"alright, i'll keep that in mind. and i'm glad we talked too."

i smiled softly and looked over at his easy grin, so different from the slight frown he had been wearing all day.