"Why didn't you tell me?!" I whined, "He just told me, and I said I didn't like him back but he's such a nice guy and I don't know if I'll ever find someone ever again in my entire sad, lonely, single life and I just said no to the poor guy and told him to be my friend and I-" I continued blabbering while he called room service and ordered me a chocolate cake. "And now I feel horrible because-" I stopped talking when there was a knock at the door. 

"One sec," he said while getting up before coming back with a chocolate cake that he held onto while sitting beside me. "Continue," he urged. 

"And now I feel horrible because he was actually so nice to me and I might have just lost an amazing guy for me because I-" 

He stuffed cake into my mouth. 

"Okay, shut up. Like seriously, shut the fuck up, Emma. Breathe and listen to me. You may think he's a good guy, and you know what? Maybe he is, maybe he's who you'll end up marrying, but maybe he's not, which is very likely, he's not who you'll marry, I can tell you that, he's a nice kid, or so you say, so why don't you just stop rambling and eat your cake because if you really want to give him a shot, then share a tent with him tomorrow," he huffed, rambling on. 

"Tent?" I asked through a mouthful of deliciousness. 

"We're going to Historic Virginia Key Beach and we're staying the night. It's a bonfire kind of thing. Two people per tent, you can share one with him if you'd like," he shrugged halfheartedly. 

"No," I put the cake down, "I don't want to share a tent with him," I whined. 

"Then what do you want?" he let out an exasperated sigh. 

You. 

"Why are you getting mad at me?" I kicked around restlessly. 

Yes, I am a fucking child, get over it. Love it or leave it, guys. 

"Because you're in my room, ranting to me about Liam freaking Davis, why would I like that?" he chuckled dryly. 

I put the cake on his nightstand before standing up in front of him. "Were you gonna kiss me today, Nick?" I asked, folding my arms across my chest. 

"What?" he chuckled. 

"Were you?" I questioned. 

"No," he shook his head. 

"I'm sure Liam would have kissed me right now if I let him. Maybe I should go talk to him," I began leaving but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back, standing up and pulling me against him. 

"Don't you dare," he said, keeping his voice low. The kind that sent chills down my spine. 

"Why, Nick? What are you gonna do?" I arched an eyebrow, daring him. Honestly, at this point, I just want him to cave in and kiss me, so I think I'm doing whatever I can to make that happen. I could just kiss him but I don't want him freaking out. I'd rather it be me. 

"You don't wanna know," he shook his head at me. 

"Okay," I shrugged, taking my chocolate cake and sitting down on the edge of his bed, eating it. "What?" I looked up at him when he was just staring at me. 

"I swear to god, you have a thing for chocolate," he shook his head, sitting beside me. 

"You have a thing for me," I shrugged. He just looked at me in shock. "I thought we're stating facts," I said nonchalantly. 

"You're getting high on chocolate, I will take that," he took the plate and put it on his nightstand. 

I fell back and rested my arm under my head while the other rested on my stomach. "You know, you've started being nice to me again. I appreciate it," I smiled up at him. 

"Are you sure you're okay, Emma? You seriously sound high, did Liam slip you something?" he questioned, laughing softly. 

"I'm serious, Nick," I laughed, "After the break-up, this whole time you were such a dick to me. That's why I started avoiding you. I wouldn't have done that if you would have been a little nice to me," I gave him a pointed look. 

"You would have been nice to me and stuck around if I was nice even though I cheated?" he asked, lying down beside me, mirroring my actions. 

"I would have understood. Or at least tried to," I shrugged while lying on my stomach, looking up at him. "I mean, we're talking about Rachel, so I kinda get it," I sighed. 

Bullshit. I don't care if we were talking about Rachel Green, who is my queen, but I don't get it. I could never get it. We were great, why would anyone want to ruin something like that? 

"No, why do you kinda get it? What I did was wrong," he looked at me in confusion. 

"Then why'd you do it?" I asked. 

A part of me didn't want to believe that he did it. A part of me didn't believe that he did it but he admitted it and I saw them go in together, there's no reason for me not to believe it. 

"I was drunk," he mumbled, "And stupid, and an idiot," he scoffed. 

"True," I nodded. 

"I shouldn't have done it, I'm sorry." He played with my fingers on my free hand that wasn't holding my chin. 

"I forgive you, Nick," I mumbled. 

"You what?" he asked, surprised, and confused. 

"I forgive you," I repeated, "It happened, there's no point dwelling over it, it's just a waste of time and energy if we pull this along for eternity. There's no point. You messed up, we fought, we ignored each other for a while, now we're stuck on this trip together," I sighed, "I just have one question," I cleared my throat. "Are you just being nice to me because we're stuck on this trip? Should I not be expecting anything for when we get back home?" I questioned. 

"I don't know, Emma. If it were up to me I wouldn't be nice to you right now," he shook his head. 

Ouch. Well then, I'll get out of here, geez. 

"I would be kissing you right now." 

-

-

-

-

-

Chapter eighteen

Has anybody read The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli? I wanna know if it's a good book, someone let me know

Next Chapter: Unbelievable, idiotically, pathetically

Sneak peek: They're all gonna do that beach and have an amazing day out but the night? Not so amazing after all and we might be meeting someone new :0