jian

SiZhui let out a long sigh. He had spent part of the morning at ZiZhen's room with JingYi. At first they talked about the two clan leaders who were causing them so much trouble. Then ZiZhen led the conversation to these repeated secrets from which they were kept away. It was first suggested to use JingYi to get responses from JinLing. But when SiZhui saw what deep inner turmoil Jin's statement had plunged his friend into, he didn't have the heart to encourage this idea. Then came his turn, but WenNing was as powerful as loyal. He would never betray the confidence of their Hanguang Jun and even less that of WeiYing, it was inconceivable. As for ZiZhen, it was completely impossible for him to get anything from Nie HuaiSang, especially when you saw how their last conversation ended. As a last resort, the OuYang clan chief, ZiZhen's father, remained, and although he was far less inflexible than the others, even him, the disciples found it difficult to get informations from him. All they could learn was that the disciples did not seem to be in danger, but that something serious was going on. In itself not much more than they already knew. When ZiZhen asked what he meant by "the disciples do not seems in danger" his father suddenly seemed to regain consciousness, and had changed the subject, preferring to praise him the virtues of the different alcohols he had just acquired.

    SiZhui opened the door of his apartments, upset by this unproductive morning, when he was not surprised to find WenNing seated there wisely while preparing tea.

    "I didn't expect to see you there.

    -oh .. uh .. I ... stammered the phantom general, rising abruptly.

    -Calm down WenNing, we wouldn't have sneaked into Jinlintai if it was to see you sleep outside. Laughed the youngest.

    -I made tea.

    -I think I need it badly. He sighed for the umpteenth time, taking his place next to Wen rather than opposite.

    -You don't seem to be well. What's bothering you A-Yuan? "

    A-Yuan, his name of Wen. OnlyWenNing (and Wei WuXian) called him like that, the others preferring SiZhui to him. Sometimes his friends tried, but he refused. Preferring to leave this name to a particular person, with whom he felt free. He wanted to be strong, have his moments of weakness, be cute and ask to be taken care of, like taking care of others as well. He wanted to be able to let his fantasies go without being judged. Talk about anything that went through his head. With WenNing it was all possible. He felt complete, himself and saw in the look of his elder that there was no judgment. That he loved him in the purest way possible, completely, without limits. A wave of frustration seized him, if it was not his name, his age, WenNing would have been his for a long time.

    "To begin, there is JingYi who is not in his best mood, our relations with JinLing which are deteriorating from day to day. Then there is you ... "

    It was this frustration that blinded him. And made him make gestures that he shouldn't. His hand slid down WenNing's cheek before grabbing one of his locks of hair and gently tucking it behind his ear. The softer, more delicate gesture, lighter than a feather, and the captivating scent rising from the skin of his now bare wrist drove the older man crazy.

    "There is you, who lying tome ... We know weird things are going on WenNing. Dangerous things. And you don't tell me anything.

    -A-Yuan, I ... I don't want to lie to you but ... but ...

    -I know. You don't want to betray the trust of our Hanguang Jun, or of Wei WuXian. I don't blame you, I just notice.

    -I...

    - Did you know that the last time the clan disciples were kept away from a secret was during the Yin iron case and the Stygian tiger amulet.

    -It's nothing like that. Young master Wei did not sense anything from an amulet or any other artifact that could be dangerous. No traces of puppets or living bodies either. And even if there were, I would be there A-yuan. I will protect you, always. He says by grabbing the hand of the younger between his, his thumbs gently caressing the wrist offered to him. "