Chapter 10 - The Transition

Start from the beginning

              "Yeah, yeah, I'll be right back," Misty waved, walking out of the room and over to the next-door room and knocked, "Rian, Zach? You guys up?" 

               "I wish I wasn't," Rian's faint voice complained from inside. Then Zach opened the door up. 

               "Yeah," Zach answered, "Rian is scared of the fair." 

                "Not scared. Just not excited to get dragged into something that is gonna end up way more complicated than it needs to be. I don't want to get trapped by a crazy lady again," Rian explained. Misty could see him from the door still laying in his bed. 

                "It's fair, what could go so wrong?" Misty asked. 

               "With how this whole trip has been, too much! For example, I have no doubt you just jinxed us, so congrats. Uh- also, I bet Terrisa will somehow find an excuse to put me in a clown costume or something," Rian answered, bitterly. 

                "I mean rides could malfunction, but, I doubt that'll happen," Zach added. Rian sluggishly pushed himself out of the bed like he had a hundred pounds weighing on him. 

               "Another jinx, how fun," Rian yawned. 

                "Sometimes you two hurt my brain," Misty chuckled. 

                "We're not wrong though," Rian insisted. 

                  "Alright, get ready," Misty checked her phone's time, it was 11:03 AM now. "We're gonna leave to get some food in about forty minutes. So knock on our door when you're ready." 

                   "Will do," Zach nodded and closed the door. Misty placed her phone back into her jacket and walked back into their room. 

                   "They are getting ready," Misty said, "I'm gonna get changed real quick." 

                  "Go for it," Terrisa nodded and started to dig through her bag, picking out what she's going to wear. Misty set her jacket down on the couch and went into the bathroom.

                   Misty changed into a white shirt with black striped long sleeves and dark blue jeans. She walked out and threw on her shoes and purple jacket. "I'm going to start walking now. If I'm right, I'll get there by the time you guys do too." 

                 "Wow, wait. Why are you walking?" Terrisa asked, grabbing her clothes with one hand to change into next. 

                 "When we took Euca home we had to share a seat, because, there are six of us and only five seats. I doubt that's safe or legal," Misty pointed out, "So I'm gonna walk." 

                  "Yeah, but are you sure you're okay with walking?" Miss Beron asked. 

                  "Yes," Misty quickly responded, annoyed. 

                   "Okay," Terrisa said, "Well if you planned on walking to the fair too, cancel that." 

                   "Huh, why?" Misty asked, she then realized that Terrisa had her phone in their other hand, "Wait! Hey, give the back!" She ran over, snatching the phone from Terrisa. The phone was on her texts to Eric. Terrisa had just posed as her and sent a text asking for Eric to give her a ride to the fair.

                   "I got you a ride," Terrisa snickered. 

                   "Why'd you take my phone for that? Were you looking through it?! And, he's in school right now so you shouldn't have texted him!" Misty complained.