Chapter 2 - The Journal

Misty rolled off the couch, groggy from sleep. She rubbed her eyes and looked around. Terrisa and Miss Beron were still sleeping peacefully. Misty tiptoed over to the door, grabbing her jacket and flip-phone, then proceeded to open the door, with it followed a creak from the old door as if trying to alarm the others to her leaving. She looked back to make sure the two were still asleep, luckily they were, and then walked out, closing the door.  

               Misty sat with her back against a support beam for the motel and let her mind think. That blood was probably just an animal shot by a hunter, she reason, still sad either way, it could also just been my eyes playing tricks on me, I'll go back later after proving my brother is alive. Misty sighed "Why does everything have to happen at once," Misty groaned. 

               "But isn't that the fun of it all," Zach said behind her. 

              "Ah," Misty blurted, jumping up seeing Zach leaning on the other pillar, "How long have you been there?" She asked. 

              "Hehe, I'll leave that up to your imagination," Zach grinned. Misty sighed shaking her head, Zach stepped away the pillar to face Misty, "So what's up?" he asked.

              "... I'll leave that up to you're imagination," Misty glared.

             "Fair, but for real if you need anything-" Zach started.

            "No no, I was just thinking through some stuff it's nothing that important I swear just some stuff I'm overreacting to," Misty said.

             "Oh come on, I'm you're friend we can overreact together, except it's unlikely I'll overreact as much as you do," He chuckled.

             "Low blow, but yeah, well I guess I can tell you," Misty paused thinking of how to speak her concerns, "Okay so I went out last night to just relax and I stumbled upon this eerie tree and I'm not sure but I think there was blood, it could have just been from an animal but it's been bugging me," She told him. 

              "Well, we can go check it out after we check out the body," Zach said, "That's sad sorry."

              "No you're fine it is sad that someone died," Misty sighed, "But on that note, we should probably go and prepare for the whole... thing." 

             "Well okay stay cool," Zach said sliding back into his room. Misty took one last breath of the crisp autumn air and went through the creaky door back into her room, Miss Beron was already up and looked ready.

             "Oh hi Misty," Miss Beron waved. 

              "Just call me Mist, only friends can call me Misty, Miss Beron," She said going over to her stuff, Miss Beron looked genuinely sad but recovered quickly. Misty fumbled through her belonging and pulled out a blue shirt with black and blue strips on the long sleeves, and some dark blue jeans. Misty went into the bathroom and changed into the clothes.

               When she came out a loud thud echoed in their room, Misty looked over and saw that Terrisa had fallen onto the floor. Miss Beron rushed over "Terrisa are you okay?" She asked alarmed.

           "Huh? What time is it?" Terrisa said sleepily as if she hadn't just fallen off her bed. 

           "You just fell off your bed," Miss Beron said as her alarm turned to confusion.

           "Oh," Terrisa said grabbing the bed and hoisting herself up, "Good morning, so today we get to go out in the big city," She said chipper, and now fully back to her normal energy.