02 || To Volunteer As A Maid

------------------------------------------
Edited on October 28, 2020.
------------------------------------------

The Yue Qin Tea House is currently one of the most popular tea houses in the center of Luo Yang City.

Ten years ago, it was only a deteriorating and old tea house.

When the business was about to declare bankrupcy, no one expected the owner's daughter, Chu Zhu Yu, to spend years of her life trying to make the business successful again.

Aside from the excellent taste of Chu Zhu Yu's tea, the aspects that made the Yu Qin Tea House different from other tea houses wete because of the store's fresh supply of materials everyday.

Just a while ago, they even introduced a new flavor of tea. The taste of the tea was similar to freshly plucked flowers, causing many scholars to come and gather there.

Their frequent visits quickly highlighted the tea house and differentiated it from other similar businesses.

———

Just outside the Chu family's entrance hall, many people saw Chu Zhu Yu feeling  devastated because her yellow chiffon dress made her "well-developed" body look even more rounded.

Ay, ay, it's just a bit of plump.
I am definitely not fat.

Her angry black eyes glared at the two people in front of her, "Big uncle, what do you mean?"

" Zhu Yu, it doesn't matter how much effort you put into the Yue Qin Tea House because the Tea House is also one of the Chu family's business. Your surname is Chu, but in the end, you are a woman. In the near future, you'll get married and your children will no longer have the Chu surname. How about you just hand over the business to your family who has the Chu surname? "

The person who was referred to as 'big uncle' was called Chu Xiang. He was currently stroking his mountain goat-like mustache.

Chu Xiang's son, Chu Mu Cai, had a high-pitched voice and spoke while standing beside his father.

"Cousin sister, my father is willing to pay one thousand silver taels in order to take over your tea house. It's an extremely profitable offer on your side, so what makes you hesitate on the opportunity?"

"Hmph." Chu Zhu Yu scoffed. Her tea house is much more valuable than that small offer.

" When grandfather passed away, you guys were the ones who wanted to separate first. Grandfather had so many businesses, but the only business that you left to me and my father was this Yue Qin Tea House. Now, when the tea house business is finally earning money, you guys are plotting to take some of the profits for free! If I, hypothetically, tell people that I'm willing to sell the tea house for a thousand silvers, tell me, how many people will come to my door and buy the tea house from me? "

Chu Mu Cai's expression turned ugly, "The Chu family's business isn't something that you can sell on a whim!"

"The contract is still in my hand. It's my choice if I want to sell it or not." Chu Zhu Yu looked at him impassively.

She saw many shameless people in her life, but never had she met people who are more shameless than her cousin brother and big uncle.

"Cousin sister, do you really want to meet us at the court room?" Chu Mu Cai threatened. "As the saying goes, normal civilians won't pick a fight with a government officer. Cousin, have you forgotten my status? If so, I ask second uncle to remind her."

The person whom Chu Mu Cai called as his second uncle is Chu Zhu Yu's father, Chu Sheng.

Chu Sheng had a timid personality. He pulled his daughter to his side and whispered,