5.5: Vengeance, Born

𝐕𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞, 𝐁𝐨𝐫𝐧

𝐕𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞, 𝐁𝐨𝐫𝐧

━━━━━━

𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐨:

NOBODY WAS SUPPOSED TO LIVE FOREVER.

Immortality was a cruel pain masked sweeter than honey. Smelled sweet, but only the wiser knew that ironically, it was a silver of death. One should stay far away from such temptation, but she didn't have a choice. The spoon full of longevity was ruthlessly shoved down her throat. Closed it, swallowed it.

Hydra made her a walking taboo; an embodiment of the rules of nature blatantly broke.

After eighty years, Olivia knew a thing or two about living. Her answer?

Purpose. Keep yourself aligned to one, helps to intact your sanity.

For Olivia, it was her family. The anchor that was still keeping her in this world. It remained unchanged even if she was on the right side of history or not, Harbinger or Nova, and even more so when she was simply Olivia Bailey Tyson.

She only fought to protect her family. Maybe close enough to remedy the pain of the living.

That was why she understood Steve. Likewise, fighting was his purpose. And when was he ever not fighting? That man probably fights in his dreams.

He spent his whole life distrusting governments. And now they wanted to rip him from his beliefs? The same government who prevented a rescue mission for Bucky whilst trapped behind hostile lines? Same one who was blinded by Hydra's infiltration and disavowed SHIELD?

Imagine that.

Peering past the sheer curtains, she reeled in the picturesque view. London was beautiful, a breathtaking grey sight she could get used to. It looked like a peaceful place to rest her worries.

"Because this is how our government deals with someone more powerful—cage them."

Steve's comment splashed her back into reality. Right.

She leaned away from the view, refacing Steve. They had landed a day earlier before Peggy's service so Steve could personally carry out her arrangements. Though his refusal to commandeer a quinjet for some reason was beyond her, resulting in an excruciating flight. Seven hours of pure fun: intrusive stares from strangers and their uncomfortable silence.

Arguing seemed to be the only time Steve wanted to talk to her willingly.

Sighing, she sat on an armchair, looking at Steve who struggled to fasten his tie. He scoffed, exasperated at his incapability to loop a tie. The brunette promptly rose to her feet to assist him.