3.1: Good Things Come In Pairs

THE CLUB WAS BUSTLING WITH PATRONS EVEN ON A TUESDAY

Everybody could care less that it was only 9 pm. Everyone was here.

This club was itLuxus, a highly exclusive, dazzling club and hotel fitted for the one percent.

Fitting venue for their target, since their target was the one percent, although, of course Luxus wasn't chosen at random. It was an intricately planned escapade Olivia and her new partner had designated. Luxus was a club for expensive guests, which wasn't a problem for her. The money she made from SHIELD and the addition of a new donor was more than enough.

Speaking of which, Olivia desperately needed to check if her bank account from the thirties were still open. She might even be richer than Tony herself.

The brunette passed her coat to the coat checker, her stilettos clicking against the marble tiles as she gracefully strode in.

The interior was splattered with tasteful and expensive decors just as expensive. Upon seeing the explosion of scantily clad workers that walked past her, she sighed. Instead of searching for her partner in the crowd, Olivia made a beeline for the bar.

Sipping on her second glass of gin, another batch of club workers approached her, smiling seductively. Hidden behind the lustful and confident smiles, it was a fierce competition. After all, landing patrons would be a big paycheck for them.

Olivia returned the gesture towards three men, all equally attractive. One had short blonde hair, another had messy long black locks.

She muttered under her breath at the strange parallel. 'I can't even catch a break.'

Her eyes circled to the third guy —looking nothing alike the other two. Confidence that could be easily misinterpreted as cockiness was radiating off his smirk. His blue eyes held hers in an intense battle.

She shrugged with a knowing smile on her lips, not speaking a word.

The said man huffed impatiently and stepped forward to stake his claim, earning dirty looks from the others. "Darling, if I wasn't so confident, I might have wounded my tender little heart," a lopsided grin slipped on his face, hands crossing where his heart was.

"Carter." She began, "I bet that's not the only little thing you have."

Appalled, Carter's jaw dropped, "That is not very kind, darling. Although... I happen to know you're wrong, I can show you some hard evidence, strictly for debate purposes only." Carter kissed the top of her hand, chuckling at her disgusted expression.