2.4: Virgin Steven

BLACK HOODIE, DAD SHOES AND A NAVY CAP

BLACK HOODIE, DAD SHOES AND A NAVY CAP. Steve Rogers was certain he blended in well with the civilian population. People dressed comfortably in hospitals, right? Too stricken in grief to dress fancy, he assumed. Without dwelling too much about his dressing, he speeded to the vending machine.

Steve's jaw went slack when he realised the drives he had hidden were gone. His eyes darted around the other snacks in the vending machine, hoping to find them there. Nothing.

He hid it behind the jellybeans. He was sure of it.

Damn.

Steve felt a presence behind him, looking up to find Natasha behind him, casually eating out of a box of jellybean. Something clicked in his brain and Steve swiftly dragged the redhead agent into an empty room. "Where is it?"

A smirk almost tugged at Natasha's lips, "Safe."

"Do better," he almost sneered impatiently.

"Where did you get it...? Fury gave this to you. Why?" Natasha's head tilted, her observant eyes scanning for any flecks of deception from the super soldier.

"What's on it?" Steve was irritated at her line of questioning. He didn't knew anything. 

"I don't know."

At that, he pressed her further against the wall. "Stop. Lying."

"Watch yourself, Rogers," She gestured the lack of distance between them and whispered, her voice so husky it was borderline seductive. "I only act like I know everything."

The infamous Black Widow. How could there be something even she didn't know?

"Sorry. It's been a long day." His face reddened, fingers messily running through his golden hair.

Natasha nodded, knowing exactly what he meant. "I know who shot Fury. Most of the intelligence community doesn't believe he exists, the ones who do call him the Winter Soldier. He's credited with over two dozen assassinations in the last fifty years." She carefully explained to the Captain, all traces of playfulness gone.

"So he's a ghost story." Steve deadpanned.

"Not quite. Five years ago, Liv and I were escorting a nuclear engineer out of Iran, somebody shot out our tires near Odessa. We lost control, went straight over a cliff, I pulled us out. But the Winter Soldier was there. I was covering our engineer, so he shot him straight through me." Natasha pulled up her shirt, revealing a bumpy scar on her stomach.

"Liv walked away unscathed. But the bullet found? Soviet slug, no rifling. Bye-bye bikinis."

"Bet you look terrible in them..." Steve joked, lightening the mood. "Well, let's find out what the ghost wants."

Natasha could laugh, if only he knew how bad Olivia's Budapest's scar was on her left hip. She quickly put two and two together. "Oh... Virgin Steven."