2.0: All In The Golden Afternoon

"ARE YOU SURE WE CAN'T KEEP SPARKY?"

I tugged onto her coat, the silky material waiting to slip off my fingers. There were brown boxes everywhere —we were going to move to somewhere better and bigger than this house.

Her eyes widened in surprise, not realising I stood right beside. She looked nervous, "Olivia, sweetie."

I pouted at the incoming sound of rejection.

"We have to move fast baby, why don't you go to the corner shop and buy something for our road trip?" She pulled out a note, hands on my shoulders. "It's going to be a long ride. You can get your favourite." She smiled warmly.

I returned an even bigger grin as she brushed the hair out of my face.

"Jellybean?" I beamed.

I skipped out the front door, leaving it ajar so they could still see me from the corner shop.

I didn't know what I was leaving behind, or rather, who I was leaving behind.

PHASE 2–
CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER

Olivia stood at the doorway of the abandoned house, the worn-out wood creaking under the pressure of her feet. She slithered her fingertips on the walls, bringing herself to a stop in the kitchen.

Or what it used to be.

The heart of all families — a kitchen was a space where families gather to enjoy a meal, soaking in the warm presence of love.

Out of all the things Olivia couldn't remember, this wasn't one of them. You can forget them, but you can never forget how they've made you feel.

A storm of happiness, comfort, grief and agony punched her in the gut. The memories weren't there but she could feel in her heart.

She sighed, making her way to the living space. Markings from old fixtures of photo frames and paintings were still etched in the walls. But all identifying photos and portraits were conveniently removed, replaced by splashes of red and black. Graffiti. The handiwork of daring teenagers who seeks to explore this abandoned murder house in the dark night.

After her parents died from 'mysterious circumstances', this house became the talk of the town. It was not every day that a small and secluded town saw a double homicide of this magnitude. Press and journalists were chasing for some, any leads on the Tyson family.

Why the parents were shot in execution style and how their daughter remains missing. The house was a terrible monument of murder.

Another creaking sounded, putting Olivia on edge. There wasn't supposed to be anyone here... The agent silently withdrew her gun and stealthily approached the source.