Nine

After school, Luka was already waiting by Chloe's locker once again, but this time he wasn't carrying any of his stuff with him except for a small bag (that he was actually keeping Tikki in). He didn't have any homework that day and he didn't really want to carry all of his stuff around with him at this parade. His mind was still filled with some regrets, not knowing if Chloe had been upset by his disappointed tone. He was still extremely curious of what she had to say, somewhat disappointed she didn't want to tell him.

Chloe comes up to him and begins unlocking her locker,  "Hey, little boy blue. Why don't you have your bag or your guitar case?"

"We're going to the festival now, right?" Luka asks, "I didn't want to carry everything around the whole time."

"Oh... That makes sense. I might want to do the same thing, then. I don't have any homework since it's still the first week of school." She says, grabbing her wallet and zipping it in her purse.

"Chloe, I know you avoided answering earlier, but I really want to know what you had to say." Luka says, looking at the ground.

Chloe sighs in defeat and shuts her locker, "Yeah, I figured you would ask. Can I ask you something first?"

"Sure." Luka says with a smile.

"Were you disappointed? That I said today wasn't actually a date? Or am I just crazy to think that and I'm overthinking it?" Chloe says, looking right into his eyes.

Luka looks at her nervously, but then looks at the genuine curiosity on her face. "I... Um..."

Chloe sighs, "You weren't disappointed. It was just in my head. I'm so dumb for thinking that at all. I'm... sorry, Luka."

Luka looks at her like she was weird, "No, you're not dumb. I was just... confused."

"Because of me saying that to Adrien and Marinette, right?"

"Yes, exactly." Luka lied, too nervous to admit what was really going on in his head.

"I see... Well, in that case, what I said wasn't really that important since you weren't actually disappointed." Chloe says with a grin.

"Right. Let's just go then." Luka says, trying to change his mood a bit.

They walk a few blocks to where the festival is taking place and Luka asks, "Did you happen to contact your dad? About the whole Sunny Day situation?"

"Yeah, I texted him in one of my later classes. He said he would make sure he got his own feature on one of the floats." Chloe says with a smile.

"That's amazing. I'm sure you really made his day by helping him. I hope that everything goes well."'

Chloe smiles and sees the floats in the distance. "It's already started!"

Luka laughs, "You seem pretty excited."

"Yeah! I've never been to a festival before. Usually I am one of the assistant managers and a coordinator along with my daddy, but I've never been in the actual crowds before. I'm surprised how quickly everything got done. Usually it takes a bit longer to have a parade, especially when all the floats are being made.  He must've hired the fastest float makers alive because they already look amazing from here." She explains, then leads Luka through the crowd by the hand, eventually getting close to the front.

"This is probably the float contest," Chloe says, observing all of the floats of the heroes with similar designs, "They do it every festival, whatever theme it might be. Whichever float gets the most votes at the end wins the grand prize. They're a little less spectacular this time around because of the crazy time limit, but..."