FIRST DAY

Hi readers/friends,

The first chapter is out. 

 After a rainy night, mild sunshine spread over the campus of Sri Vidya Mandir College, Bangalore. The empty benches were anticipating for the students to occupy it nearly after two months of vacations. Nithilan is the son of a real estate tycoon and was getting ready to leave home for college. As he climbed down the stairs, he noticed his father watching the news on television. Nithilan's eyes looking out for someone made the father reply, "I know you are looking for Nidharsan. He had left his home early for college." It made Nithilan perplexed to know his best friend left for college without him. He bid goodbye to his father and came out to kick start his bike.

Amidst heavy traffic and constant red signals, he reached college on time. Then he parked his bike and recognized his friend group near the entrance. "Hey! Nithilan", his friends shouted at him. Slowly walking towards them and answered, "Dude call me Nithil." His friends nodded to his request. He immediately inquired about the whereabouts of Nidharsan.

"Thanks a lot for helping me this time, madam" Nidharsan expressed his gratitude to the girls' hostel warden.

She smiled at him," It would have been easier if you took the help of your friend's father. After all, he is our college trustee."

He got a reply that Nidharsan has gone to the girls' hostel. The perplexed Nithil could react with why for that reply.

Lost in thoughts, Nidharsan was returning to the main campus. He felt a hand circling his shoulder, which had belonged to his friend. He also teased him by saying, "Finally, my beloved brother has gained the courage to approach girls directly in their hostels."

Nidharsan could only roll his eyes and cleared the confusion. "You have a one-track mind. There is something called 'work' in this world."

The word Work made Nithil realize that his friend took a job soon after graduation in the same college.

Though they are best friends, Nithilan is one year younger compared to Nidharsan.

"I hoped that we both could continue our master's degree.", he expressed the disappointment.

To which Nidharsan replied, "I wanted to earn as early as possible." Nithilan patted on his back as a symbol of encouragement.

Then both chatted more about other things until Nithilan's mobile started buzzing.

He grabbed the mobile out and realized that his uncle was calling him.

"Oh, no!" shouted he, "I think I forgot to do the work instructed by our uncle."

Nidharsan laughed, "That's why I told there is something called work and one in a while, you try doing it." Nithilan interrupted, "Jokes apart, bro, now tell me a believable excuse to deal with it." His friend slowly moved backward by waving his right hand and mumbled the bye word.

"Dharsh, this is not fair.". Frustrated, Nithilan turned to his phone only to see the ringing noise had stopped.

Quickly he called up his uncle.

"Hello Nithil,", a voice spoke, "Did you collect our new project property papers from the lawyer?"

Nithilan fell into complete silence.

He pondered over his thoughts and replied, "I was about to meet the lawyer, uncle. It was raining badly yesterday, and you know better about the traffic during rainy nights."

Nithilan was busy talking, and Nidharsan had already left the place. The other group of friends was feeling bored on the very first day of college.

Soon they noticed a boy with his bag back was walking towards the entrance. He looked like a fresher or even a small-town boy.

The group sensed some entertainment.

In the group of three, one fellow initiated, "How about we tease that little guy?" The remaining looked like they agreed.

"Hey, you!" The senior yelled out at the fresher.

The fresher turned towards the direction of that voice and

observed the beckoning gesture aimed at him.

With uncertainty surrounding him, he reluctantly went near the group.

"What is your name?" Questions fired up to him.

The fresher immediately responded, "I'm Kavin."

"Ok Kavin,", the senior pointed out his finger: "Can you see that girl dressed in blue?"

Kavin traced the direction of the pointed finger and nodded his head to the question after noticing that girl.

"So go to her and ask her mobile number,", the senior demanded.

Kavin's eyes widened by listening to that demand.

He hastily declined," I can't ask. It's wrong to ask personal details from a stranger."

"There are two options: You ask that girl's mobile number or let's go to meet that guy, talking on the phone. He is our college trustee's son, by the way."

Kavin felt that his first day in college will get ruined. Hesitatingly he moved towards that girl in the blue dress, then stood in front of her.

He extended his hand to stop her and uttered, "Excuse me, wait a minute." He saw a pair of dark brown eyes staring at him intensely.

After clearing his throat," Can you please share with me your mobile number?"

The staring of those eyes intensified further with the following response," This is ridiculous. How can you ask a stranger girl to share her mobile number? This is my last warning. Don't try to do it again." She took wider footsteps to leave that place immediately.

A burst of harmonious laughter occurred in the senior group after witnessing this incident.

Kavin stood in the place motionless for a minute. Those seniors came to him," Nice try, dude. However, better luck next time."

With all the disappointment, he was walking towards campus building alone. Before entering the building, he took a glance at the guy on the phone. A sense of anger flared inside him. But he had to control those emotions to stay away from unwanted issues.

In the corridor, he saw the same blue dress girl leaning on the wall.

Kavin moved fast to escape her confrontation.

She instantly blocked him," I'm sorry. I saw them laughing then realized those seniors ragged you."

"Never mind. You were not at fault," he added to her apology.

"Hi, I'm Kavin."

"And I'm Ilakiya. Nice to meet you."

That's how they greeted each other. Both of them conversed with each other to discover that they have opted for the same course. They went to their allotted classroom.

A/N: Did you like it guys? Please comment. If you liked it, you can vote. So add it to your library or reading list. It's your choice.