ix

Jordan

I walked down the English Hall with my iced chocolate in my left hand and my phone in my right. Today I got lazy, like every other day, and I put on ripped black jeans and a Thrasher tee. My hair was thrown up into a ponytail with my black, thick-rimmed glasses perched up high on my nose.

I entered room 6-203 and sat in one of the middle rows. I stayed quiet as the professor started writing something on the board. I huffed and started scrolling through my Instagram. I only had about 500 followers, but my friends took some really good pictures of me.

I tapped onto two pictures of me. One of them, I was standing in front of my front door, my hand shielding my face from the sun, leaving a shadow. I remember that day so vividly. We went to the beach after that, explaining why I had a big smile and a black one piece with short blue shorts.

The next picture was of that night. We were still at the beach, but I was winking at Chris behind the camera. I held up two peace signs and a big smile on my face, my tongue between my teeth and sand still on my legs and butt.

"Cute." I jumped, yelping out. Turning in my seat, I faced the brown eyes that scared the crap out of me. The guy was laughing. "I'm so sorry. I was just looking over your shoulder."

"Like a creep?" I raised my eyebrow. He paused and nodded.

"Yeah, like a creep. My bad." I shook my head. "It's fine. And thank you."

He stuck his hand out. "Jordan. Burchett." I nodded and smiled as I ran my eyes over his face. His brown eyes looked into mine. Jordan's curls were amazing. He has freckles over his nose and faint ones on his cheeks, covering his light skin.

I'm one myself, but lord knows I have a thing for Lightskins.

"Gabriella Johnson." I took his hand and shook it. He raised his eyebrows. "Mind if I take that seat next to you?" I shook my head. "Welcome to America. It's a free country." He walked around the desk behind me.

Wow, he's tall.

"That's what I've heard." He sat down and faced me. "Why are you in this class?" I shrugged.

"I like messing with people's head so Psychology One was the best option. And I needed the extra credits." He laughed. "Why are you in this course?"

"I want to be a child psychologist. Figured this was a way to start." He shrugged his shoulders. I nodded my head understandingly.

"You seem like the nice type to want to help everybody." Jordan narrowed his eyes. "Is that a good thing?"

"That's a great thing." I smiled at him. Gradually more and more people started filling in the class before our professor finally spoke.

In the middle of the hour long class, Jordan took hold of one of my handouts from the day. He wrote on it and when I checked it out, the ten digit number was prominent. I looked up at him, and silently laughed.

——

After the class, I collected my stuff and put it in my bag. Walking out, I felt a tug on my arm. I whipped around and gasped. I let out a breath when I saw Jordan standing behind me.

"Oh! Hey." I let out a breathy chuckle. "Hey." He smiled. "I was just going to ask if you wanted to go get something to eat." I checked my phone.

"I've got an hour before my next class. I'm down. But you're paying." He smiled charmingly. "Duh." He took my hand and dragged me down the stairs, into the parking lot. He unlocked his Jeep Cherokee.

"Ooh! I love these. I've always wanted a Jeep." I hopped into the passenger side and wiggled in my seat. Jordan laughed.

"I'm sure you'll get one but this one is mine."