Chapter 23: About Her Family

Start from the beginning

Leaning his head back, He watches me with a ghostly smile on his face as the caressing movement from his thumb received onto my palm. He stands up straight, the familiar golden orbs looking down at me with so much warmth.

At that exact moment, I could almost discern a shadow of his wolf replacing his own human ones. Was it sorcery? Or could it be what one calls magic? I'm not quite sure that I want to know, Yet perhaps it was in that bliss of the moment that I saw Jungkook's true self.

Both his wolf and his human side.

They were both beautiful, pliant, and true in their own way. So I did what I thought was the best, I smiled back at him. Gently accepting his offering hand to interlace it confidently with mine.

"Let's go home, Princess."

Odd, That sounds so familiar coming from him. I wonder why?

____

"Will I see you in the full-moon celebration?"

"Maybe, if you look close enough." I answered, stopping my feet in front of my house as the feeling of light breeze from the cold wind embracing both our skin politely. Noticing how such a contrast his sparkling golden orbs was between it and the black night sky.

This was truly a night. He was truly a creature.

"Did you really just call yourself...short? I mean not that I disagree—" Jungkook snorts, his teasing smile growing bigger.

"That's not what I meant- Aish, forget it Jeon." I replied back, silently smiling back at his teasings and turning away to head back at my house.

As I was walking towards the doorway, a sudden frame of shadow appearing right at the back of my figure. Knowing exactly who it was, and slightly guessing to be very honest, I turn my head around. Perking my eyebrows to give a questioning look at him.

"What is it—"

Jungkook lowered his head, placing his lips delicately at my temple. Once again, my heart stops and the wind that was leisurely floating around seems to halt their movements as well. He pecked there deeply, a couple of times before whispering right beside my left ear.

"I'll see you there, love."

He adverted his eyes daringly into my hazel ones before turning around and slowly but firmly, disappearing from my view. Into the darkened black sky, following the sparkle of stars and shining moonlight.

Biting my lips in excitement, A shriek left my lips as I hopped multiple times on the ground from the joyous feeling of content in my heart. That giddy feeling in the stomach fills with butterflies was so delightful that I couldn't help but to shout it out.

Of course, until I notice how stupid it must have looked like.

"stupid Y/N. what if the ghosts heard you- wAIT WHAT'S THAT SOUND- okay no, breathe in.. Think of happy thoughts, happy thoughts."

I whispered-shouted, quickly rushing towards the doorway and walking into the house. When I opened the main concrete door, a small creaking sound followed immediately.