I

"-killed in his bedroom, early on the morning of the 9th," the news reporter said.

Hoseok choked on his cereal, his eyes staring wide at the screen.

His dad looked up from his newspaper at the image of Yoongi's school photo on the screen.

"Isn't that your boyfriend?" He asked.

-

Taehyung knocked on the door, anxiously shifting his weight from foot to foot as he waited for Jungkook to answer.

It took a few long moments, but then the door creaked open and Jungkook's tired face stared at him.

Taehyung lunged at the boy, tackling him in a tight hug. "Oh God, Jungkook, I'm so sorry!"

That was all it took for Jungkook to start crying again.

They sat on the floor in the foyer, just holding each other and crying, until Holly crawled onto their laps.

They broke apart and Jungkook held the puppy.

"Are you okay?" Taehyung asked. "You look...sick."

Jungkooks skin was pale and he looked sweaty. His eyes were red from crying and he seemed thinner, like he hadnt eaten since finding out about his brothers death.

"Just tired." Jungkook mumbled. He coughed a few times before standing up.

Taehyung got up too. "You should rest. I'll make you some soup."

Jungkook nodded, still holding Holly as he curled up on the couch.

Taehyung sighed to himself, knowing the perfect time to admit his feelings for his best friend wasn't going to be anytime soon.

-

"What's up?" Seokjin grinned as he sat down at the table in the coffeeshop.

Namjoon looked up from his homework. "There you are! Was starting to think you weren't going to show up."

"Beauty takes time." Seokjin ushered to his face.

Namjoon rolled his eyes fondly and pushed a cup of coffee over. "Here, loser."

Seokjin smiled and took a sip.

"Where's Taehyung?" Namjoon asked, turning his attention back to his homework.

"Visiting his boy crush Jungkook." Seokjin replied. "Poor kid. Have you heard about the Min's?"

Namjoon shook his head. "Something happened, I know. I was by the house and saw all the police cars and shit."

"You know Yoongi? He was in our grade. He was murdered." Seokjin said ominously.

Namjoon frowned, something itching at the back of his mind. "Murdered...?"

"Yeah, and on his birthday too! Can you believe it?" Seokjin shook his head. "Do you think it was a one time strike or is there a killer on the loose?"

Namjoon, suddenly lost in thought, didn't hear Seokjin babble.

It was only after their study date ended that Namjoon finally realized what had been bothering him.

Min Yoongi.

That was the name Jimin had said when he has been acting strangely back at the nurses office.

When he had claimed to be the murdered boy.