𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐢𝐱

Start from the beginning

"I found it in your bag, mind?" Alice asked. Bella opened her mouth before deciding to just shake her head no. Emma follows after Rosalie who was holding her hand, leading her towards the staircase and stopping at the bottom of it. Emma's jaw was clenched as she forced herself to stay in control whilst the Swan girl was around. It was hard, but she managed.

"Dating an older woman, hot." Emmett commented, glancing over at Edward who gave him a look. "What?"

"Just stop speaking." Amelia shakes her head, grabbing a hold of her husband. Alice then appears in front of Rosalie, holding a box out for her.

"You first, Rosalie."

Rosalie held the box out towards the human before bluntly saying, "It's a necklace. Alice picked it out."

"Thanks." Bella says. Rosalie steps back so that she's beside Emma again who was pressed against the wall, keeping as much distance from the human as possible. Emma watches as Alice takes hold of Edward's arm, dragging him down the steps and over to Bella before holding up the camera again.

"Show me the love!" She smiles before snapping a picture of the two. She walks over to the table before picking up another present and handing it to Bella. "This one's from Emmett." Bella realizing that the box was extremely light, shakes it only to hear nothing. She looked at Emmett with furrowed eyebrows.

"Already installed it in your truck." Emmett smiles. "Finally a decent sound system for that piece of crap."

"Hey don't, don't hate the truck." Bella told him, shaking her head.

"Open Esme and Carlisle's." Alice said, handing the envelope to the girl.

"A little something to brighten your day." Carlisle said with a smile.

"Yes, you've been looking a little pale lately." Esme continued.

"Ow." Bella suddenly said holding up her finger to reveal blood falling down from it. "Paper cut." The scent immediately filled Emma's nose and her eyes darkened. It only got worse when the sound of Bella's blood hitting the carpet filled her ears. She let out a growl and lunged only to be shoved into the wall by Edward. Jasper lunged from across the room which resulted in Edward shoving Bella backwards before throwing Jasper into the piano causing it to break. Emma went to go again, but Amelia and Rosalie held onto her as tightly as they could.

Emmett and Carlisle did the same with Jasper, holding him back while Alice tried to calm him down. Esme and Rosalie quickly changed places as she stood in front her wife who was snarling and trying to lunge forward.

"Emma. Babe, look at me." Rosalie tried. She only stopped when the smell of blood became even stronger. They all turned and saw the blood dripping down Bella's arm. Emma's eyes glowed a vibrant scarlet as she started to lose control of not only her blood thirst, but her powers. Carlisle sped over to the girl whilst Emmett kept his hold on Jasper. Emma however was much more difficult as the energy filled her palms and she shot her hands out, shoving away the two people that were holding her back. Emma lunged again and Rosalie was forced to throw Emma into the wall, holding her arm tightly against Emma's throat as she tried her best to control her.

"Get Emma and Jasper out of here." Carlisle quickly said. Emmett dragged Jasper out and Amelia stood back up from the spot Emma had thrown her, grabbing onto the blonde's arm to help Rosalie drag her out of the home.

When they were finally a far enough distance and the two girls were sure Emma wouldn't make a run for it back towards the home, they slowly let go of her. It took a moment before Emma realized what happened. A hand covered her mouth as she replayed the events. She almost attacked Bella, and she would have had the others not been there to hold her back. Emma backed farther away with slightly widened eyes. Her worst fear had just come true. She lost control.

The words echoed in her head. I lost control. I lost control. I lost control. She was a monster and no matter how much someone tried to convince her otherwise, that part of her would never change. Emma, when far enough, pressed her back against a tree as she landed on the forest floor. She was shocked. And angry. And upset.

Her hands fisted her hair as she stared at the ground, thinking and thinking. Every new thought placed her into a deeper hole. Oh god, what have I done. I'm a monster. Edward will never forgive me. I can't believe I almost attacked Isabella. I hurt Esme and Amelia. I lost control. Why do I keep losing control?

The words and questions were plaguing her mind. She couldn't stop them from coming, she couldn't stop them from becoming harsher and harsher with each word. She didn't take notice of the chaos magic shooting from her hands, destroying the small plants around her. Lucky for her, there weren't really any breakable objects around her.

"Emma." Edward's voice was gentle as he called her name. He kneeled down beside her as she continued to scold herself. "Emma, look at me."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I didn't mean to lose control. I tried, I really did." Emma told him, her voice cracking as she spoke. Her eyes were glossed over with tears, but she didn't look at him. She kept apologizing over and over. "I didn't- I tried-"

"I know." Edward whispered, pulling the girl in for a hug. "I know you didn't, Em. It'll be okay." Emma held on to him, her apologies continuing but in a whisper as she buried her face into his chest. Edward just held her, promising himself that he was going to stay right there with her until he was sure that she was going to be okay.

 Edward just held her, promising himself that he was going to stay right there with her until he was sure that she was going to be okay

1,482 words

Authors note: Even though Edward's an ass, him holding her warms my heart.

I hope you all enjoyed! Stay safe! Until next time, bye loves!♥️

@HAHA_LIFEISTOUGH