"A new... motive...."

Welp- chapter one. Enjoy lovelies 💞💞💕
(Angst awaits~~ 😈)

after 2 whole months into the killing game, Sayaka, Leon, and Junko(Mukuro) were the only ones to die/be executed. No one had the heart to kill, just to get out, after that first trial. Everyone was just scared, and it seemed Monokuma was eating up that small amount of despair for the time being. But things change.

Togami's POV-

Goooooood morning everyone! It is now 7 a.m. and nighttime is officially over! Time to rise and shine!

"Ugh.. It's already 7 a.m.?" I thought out loud, rubbing the corners of my eyes slightly. I slowly got up with one hand, while the other still slightly rubbed at my eye. I was in a white t-shirt and grey shorts that I had gotten from the storage room. Sleeping in my suit would most likely ruin it, and I acknowledged how uncomfortable it would be anyway.
     I begrudgingly sat up and stretched my arms out, as I tried to wake up after my restless nights sleep. I stood up and walked over to my dresser, and took out my neatly folded suit, which I quickly unfolded once it was fully taken out. I closed the drawer and headed over to the bathroom and got changed quickly in there. 'I'll take a shower before 10 p.m. tonight,' I decided. I was honestly too tired to take one at the moment.
    I exited the bathroom, but not before looking at myself in the mirror to make sure I looked more presentable before I left my dorm. I had slight bags under my eyes, from lack of sleep. I kept having extremely bad nightmares that kept me up for long periods of time. Some of those times, Monokuma would come into my room and pester me for being so scared. It bugged me quite a lot, but I wouldn't give the bear the pleasure of showing it. Luckily, the bags were not very noticeable, and practically invisible when I had my glasses on.
     After finally leaving the bathroom, I sat back on my bed one last time, and slipped on dress shoes that I grabbed from the bedside. I stood back up and walked towards the front door. I opened it and walked out, greeted by an empty hallway. I automatically assumed everyone was gathered in the dining hall, since they decided to have stupid 'meetings' every morning. I just thought they were unnecessary, and utterly useless. I preferred to be by myself, so I thought of just going to the library to read for the majority of the day.
     Thinking about it again, I realized Toko was likely going to annoy me the entire time whilst reading, so that wouldn't be any good. I could take a book back to my dorm with me, but I didn't really want to stay in my dorm any longer.
     I quickly realized I was just standing in front of my dorm, thinking to myself. I probably looked like an absolute idiot, so I was silently happy no one was there. Ruining my image and messing up in even the slightest was completely against everything I live for. I.. My name could have been slandered, destroyed; left useless. And.. It would have been my fault, all for this mishap that to a normal person wouldn't have even been a problem.. My family.. my family.. If my family were able to actually see me right now, be here right now.. If I weren't trapped in this school right now.. I would have been dead.
     Apparently, I had fallen over, and began hyperventilating on the floor. I was lost in my thoughts, so I hadn't a clue what was going on. Maybe... 10-15 minutes later? I'm not sure how long I was there, but I assume it had been that long; I had finally escaped my thoughts, and saw that I was on the floor. I was surprised to see that Toko was sitting down next to me, stroking my hair. She had a very worried expression on her face, and she was trying to talk to me, but she was speaking so fast I couldn't even make out what she was saying.
     "T..To-ko.?" I slowly muttered, then silently cursing at myself for stuttering. Yet again, I had done something wrong. "OH!! Master! You're alright! I thought you had died or something?! Ahhhhh I'm sooooo gladd~" She spat out in my face, and I squinted my eyes in disgust. Her breath stinks. "Maybe, I would feel better, if you would kindly move yourself and your breath six feet away from me." I sneered, obviously wanting her to get away. "O-oh! R-right away!" She stuttered, quickly sliding away from me.
Glaring at her, I slowly got to my feet, and brushed myself off. "We do not speak of this, ever. This never occurred, got it?" I said, as I continually glared at her. I watched as her eyes grew wider, and she vigorously shook her head, before getting to her feet herself, and then quickly running off before I could say anything more.
Taking a couple deep breaths, I tried to quickly calm myself down. It made me feel extremely stupid, that I, Byakuya Togami, would have a panic attack about something so.. Trivial. It was simple but.. one single misstep, such as losing your track of thought, could ruin you. That was always something I had troubles with. I honestly hated being the heir, but following the tradition has always been my family's first priority. It needs to be mine as well.
I began walking towards the dining hall, since I had nothing better to do. Of course, I wasn't going to commence in small talk with everyone else. Talking about pointless subjects with that lot was unnecessary. I would just get a cup of coffee, and sit at a far table in the back. Yeah, I'd do that. I was walking there slowly paced since there was no rush. I reached the doors, and opened one of them, and strode in.
Everyone turned their heads and stared at me, so I glared back at them. "And what are you looking at?" I asked, with a hint of sass behind my words. At that, everyone turned their heads away. That is, except for Makoto Naegi. He just gave me a weird look, and then turned back around like everyone else and continued to talk. I just decided to ignore what he did, and headed towards the kitchen for a cup of coffee.

Makoto's POV-

I turned around at the sound of the door opening, and looked over to see Togami walking in. "And what are you looking at?" He sneered at us, and everyone turned around. I looked at him a bit closer, though, because something seemed to be a bit off about him today. Maybe it was just me though. I decided to just turn around and resume the conversation we were having with everyone before.
     "Back then, my friends and I skated over this huge lake! The ice was super thick, so it was completely safe to use! And then-" Hina's rambling was cut off, as a new voice emerged from the distance.
     "Puhu.. PUHUHUHUHUHUHU!!!!"
     Monokuma popped up from out of nowhere, and struck a dramatic pose, with a paw across his forehead. "Are you kidding me guys?! It's been sooooo long since anyone was murdered! What's the fun in that?? Answer: NO FUN AT ALLLLLLL!!!" He began to get mad, and yelled out that last part. I was honestly fed up with the mechanical bear.
     Kyoko stood up and looked down at Monokuma. "We will not partake in this killing game any further. No one here should ever have to commit such a heinous crime." Kyoko spoke, never breaking eye contact with the bear. "That's- thats just- just- NONSENSE!! You know what, let's spice things up! New motive alert!!! Wee woo wee woo!!" He began to dance around with his paws above his head, and spun round and round. "Meet me in the gym boys and girls! And get ready for the second motiveeeeeee!! Puhuhuhuhu!"
     With that final message, he disappeared again, and left us all in a daze. Why did he decide to do this so out of the blue? No one's gonna kill anyone.. right? I glimpsed Togami standing by the entrance of the kitchen with a coffee mug in hand, also taking in this new information for himself. He had that same strange expression he had earlier plastered on his face. What's up with Mr. Perfect? It reminded me of something, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.
     "Well, I suppose we may as well make our way there, huh?" I heard Sakura say, as we turned our attention to her. "Y-yeah, your right!" I answered back, getting little grunts and nods in response. The group of us headed over to the gym, solemnly walking towards a disturbance in our short lived peace.
Reaching the gym, we filed in one after another, Monokuma sitting on his podium, waiting. Once everyone came in and looked up to the bear, he stood up onto the podium, and pulled out a handful of papers. "Lookie here! I've got allll of your secrets written on these!" Monokuma said, dancing about. He threw the papers at us, and we each grabbed the ones with our own names on them.
     I opened mine, and I stared at the words on the paper, my eyes widening. How in the world did Monokuma know this? There is no possible way he could have known this, if I hadn't told him directly. I looked back at the paper again, still in disbelief.

Makoto Naegi:

Makoto has been diagnosed with anxiety and depression. He hides himself behind a smile and high concentration of hope. He tends to be a very likable person because of this, but he would rather be left alone to his own thoughts. Makoto's mother is also mentally abusive. This is hidden by the family to maintain their image. He is also Pansexual, but is currently closeted.

     I tried to snap out of it, and took some time to think. Wasn't there only supposed to be one secret on here? I believe that there were maybe three individual ones on mine. I can't let anyone find out about this.. No one can know. No one.. But, I honestly couldn't kill anyone, even if it risks exposing this secret. It's not worth someone else's life.
     I kind of forgot about everyone else in the room, since I was so enveloped in my own paper. I looked up to see a room full of bewildered and confused expressions. Everyone was just as wrapped up in their secrets as I was, and rightfully so. I scanned the students, and my eyes made my way to the far right of the room. I came across Byakuya, whom was still staring down at his own paper.
I looked towards the heir, and frowned. I finally recognized what he was doing, because I related to it all too well. I've always been the one to tell when someone is lying or surpressing their feelings, because I did it myself. Togami seemed quite distressed, although he had a very calm exterior. Whatever Monokuma's paper had wrote about him had to have been terrible.

I hope this new motive doesn't break us all.

YEYE ITS DONEEEEEE!! (Finally Lol)

1914 words