Chapter 10

Tara

I can't even put into words how excited I was when I woke up Saturday morning. I was energized as fuck and ready to turn Cinderella into a bad bitch for tonight's party. I had already started last night by preparing Tati's hair. I did two strand twists and tied it all up with a scarf so she could sleep. I had an outfit picked out too and was just waiting for Indigo to come over so she could give me a second opinion.

At 10 am, there was a knock on the front door. "I'll get it!" I yelled, running downstairs. I opened it to see Indigo holding a bag and makeup kit. My goofy ass reached out and hugged her, even though we'd only talked that one time but I was so caught up in the mood. Girl was a blessing though because she hugged me right back, making me feel less of a creep.

"Turn up turn up!" She exclaimed laughing.

"Girl, I know! I can't wait," I said excitedly.

"Who's at the door?" I heard Grandpa say from the kitchen.

"My friend!" I yelled back.

There was a pause before he yelled, "You have friends? I gotta see this." I could hear him shuffling around, trying to make his way to the living room.

He came out through the doorway, looking suspicious at first, but relaxed once he saw Indigo and smiled politely.

"My, my, my. Ain't you tall. You related to Shaq?" He asked. I glared at him.

Indigo cracked up. "No sir, but my mom used to say I came out at 15 years old. I'm Indigo, thank you for letting me come over Mr?"

"Nate and you're welcome, child. Ya'll help yourself to anything in the kitchen now," said Grandpa before he went back to whatever hole he came from.

"Thank you Mr. Nate!" Indigo turned to me. "Your grandpa seems nice."

I rolled my eyes. "That's because he isn't your grandpa." I started up the stairs, telling her to follow. "Come on up."

We got to my room and I had Indigo put her stuff on my bed. "Before we do anything, we gotta go wake Tatiana up." Indigo nodded and I led her across the hall to Tati's room. Without knocking, I busted in. "PARTY TIME!" I shouted before I ran to her sleeping body and jumped on the bed. Tatiana whined and pulled the covers above her head. I ripped them off, throwing them in a corner of the room.

"Indigo, grab one!" I reached for Tatiana's right leg while Indigo took the left. With Indigo's strength, we were able to rip her right out of bed. She went flying into us and we all went down with a loud bang.

Somewhere downstairs, I heard Grandpa yelling about us bumping up here. "Ow." I whined, rubbing my head. Tatiana's face was planted on the ground while Indigo was already up, clearly not in any pain.

I got up with renewed energy. "Time to get up and get ready, hoe!" I reached down to pick Tatiana up. She glared at me, the scarf becoming loose around her head and falling in front of her face. Ignoring her attitude, I headed to the bathroom between our rooms and turned on the tub, letting the water run. I checked the temperature to make sure it wasn't too hot. Then I went into my room and grabbed various stuff from my drawers. My arms were full of bath bombs, a sugar scrub, a face mask, and a shaver. I also grabbed my best homemade soap. It contained goat milk and smelled like black raspberry vanilla. Heading back to the bathroom, I put all the stuff on the edge of the tub and called Tatiana in.

Like she had all the time in the world, she walked in, still annoyed. I just poured bubble bath into the tub, unbothered. I didn't give a shit about her morning-tude. When I was done, I reached for the shower cap on the shelf and put it on her head. Then I took a moisturizing facial mask and threw that on Tati's face.