~CORONA for Non-Human~

Hey Wattpaders,

This is the story I wrote for Contest named "CORONA for Non-Human". This story is about the feelings of ventilator who always wish to help sick humans. But when it comes to help sick persons during pandemic that same ventilator wish that no humans would ever fall sick and need its assistance.

This is my first time to write a story. I would like to thank Dear Author eroticfictionauthor for the help and encouragement she give me. This story has won fifth place and that is really a big surprise to me.

I hope you guys like this too. Happy reading......

Short Story for Contest - 2 "CORONA for Non-Human"

Hi, I am a ventilator. I aid patients who have problem in breathing and try to keep them alive. Since, I belong to a small hospital; I don't get many visitors. My only companions are a white bed, fan and window to look at the ever changing world. I seldom meet humans and at times I do long for their touch. I am usually kept in a secluded room with no much interaction and at times it becomes extremely lonely.

But one day it all changed when I heard some noises approaching in corridor and suddenly door to room was slammed open. I was confused at first on seeing innumerable people standing by door donning white lab coats while some wore chrome stars on their shoulders. But everyone were wearing a face mask. I thought this is unusual, why would people need one? Then, I saw a lady with white lab coat and face mask bringing in a patient on a stretcher. Even before I could comprehend situation, I was put into my act of saving a life. That patient was pale, sick with a terrible cough and her breathing was abnormal. I was inwardly hoping to save that poor soul. People with white coat and chrome stars were still present and were discussing about a pandemic. Person with chrome stars ordered one with white coat to stay vigilant for tackling any future incidence and told them about possibility of more being affected by this pandemic. I was shocked. I belong to a small hospital where such cases are so rare. And suddenly, I am at top of priority list. Another person with white lab coat appeared and informed person with shiny stars about another victim. I am a sole ventilator in this hospital, how could I help two patients at once?

As I looked outside the window, I saw advanced technologies, medicines, nuclear powers and most evolved organism getting knocked out by an enemy, thousand times smaller. Even though, I want to fulfill my destiny of helping patients, but deep inside I really hoped that no humans would ever fall sick and need my assistance.

 Even though, I want to fulfill my destiny of helping patients, but deep inside I really hoped that no humans would ever fall sick and need my assistance

Did you guys like this story? Please feel free to tell me your views.

At last, I want to say that Life is enjoyable. No matter what you are feeling right now, please enjoy life to the fullest.

Stay Safe........

Stay Happy.....