Quiditch

They had to revive her at night, students were generally kept away from the hospital wing if they weren't sick, but due to the recent petrifications the rules became even stricter. To try and minimise the number of students who turned up just to gawk, Madam Pomfrey only allows one student at a time, providing they leave their possessions outside of the curtained cubicle.

There were subsequently no pictures floating around of petrified faces, however, it means they have a chance if Draco uses his gift.

Last Christmas Harry had given him a fur cloak the had multiple hidden pockets. It was a bit of a fancy cloak to wear at school but considering the temperatures he could get away with it.

So Draco had snuck into the room, late at night and administered the potion. Nevile had come through for them and making it out of his own mandrake, with some help from Draco, who's skill in potions was being nurtured by the potions master whenever possible. He would have stayed to see her revived but it was taking a while and Madam Pomfrey was doing her rounds.

They heard nothing about her for the rest of the night, and tomorrow was the first quidditch game for Harry this year.

----🐍 Drake is happy he has so many new friends 🐍----

He was finally going to play his first game the new year.

Looking up at the stadium he let the cooling wind rustle through his dark hair, it brushed over his cheeks and bit at his ear.

He was stood next to his team, he hadn't been practicing with them. He couldn't see the point because his was a job he could do alone and they couldn't help. But standing there next to them made him think he was missing out on something.

In the stands most of the banners were covered in his name or a green Snake . Draco had agreed to bring Ouro to the stands, after a bit of persuasion.

What was really making him smirk though was the look on Dumbles face as the old man sat in the stands.

When the whistle was blown, and he shot into the air surrounded by his teammates he felt the thrill again.

Not tied down, no one can stop him, his team mates were flying in and out of formation as he danced over head and searched for the snitch. They were playing against Ravenclaw and the whole game their beaters were aiming bludgers at his head, trying to distract him

The match lasted 20 minutes, the other teams seeker had spotted the snitch first but as Harry dove towards him he pulled away, scared to crash. The cold air whipped his cheeks but he grasped the golden snitch right before the ground caught him and with a flourish he spiralled back into the sky holding it out in his hand for everyone to see.

He was in a hazy dream, he felt like he was floating, he was held up by his team to screaming fans, when he was put down his eyes caught Hermiones as she ran across the court towards him. His face felt like it would break as she flew into his arms and they hugged, his chin resting on the top of her head. Ron and Draco weren't far behind and soon his face was buried in soft platinum blond hair. Ron was laughing and grinning hugging Hermione when she let go of Harry for the moment, and Harry lifted his head to see this three friends together again, whole and happy.

His heart hurt he was so happy. Some other Slytherins joined them and he and Hermione were surrounded by congratulations. Ouro nuzzling his neck and tickling his ear.

Unfortunately he could see the teachers were chatting hurriedly amoungst themselves about Hermionies awakening from the petrification and Madam pomfrey was walking up to them, Draco in tow.

After a long and quiet discussion where there was a lot of pointing and gesturing, it was apparently decided that since no harm had been done and, when she woke up, Hermionie had said that she gave Draco permission to do this if she was ever petrified (covering for them even after just waking up from petrification). Dumbledore looking down at Harry, had made the decision to let it slide this time. But he did want to talk  the the group and told Draco he would call them all to his office when he could.

---🐍---

He lay in bed, looking through pictures he had taken, him and Imperi, him and the three, his Dad. All of them left him feeling content and sleepy.

The boys had been separated from Hermione by the crowd as they were celebrating, so Harry, Draco and Ron decided to go back to their room and wait. 

In the corner of the room there were muffled sounds coming from the ajar door to the Library, Draco was just walking out, cursing the disorganisation of a certain house elf *Cough* Dobby  *Cough*. Ron had been in the corner near the window that was mostly shadowed from the sunlight. For some reason he had a dead pigeon but no one had the attention span to ask why.

Hermione the walked in, like nothing had happened, dropping her school bag into Goyles arms as she passed and sat on on of the chairs arranged in the center of the room. Ron dropped the dead bird on the window sill and walked to one of the open seats, more interested in what was happening. Draco joined them and eventually Harry hauled himself out of bed and sat down.

"Hermione!" Draco exclaimed, tossing the book he was holding in Dobbys general direction, knowing the elf would catch it.

"Glad you're back!" Ron said, blowing out the black candle that he was still holding.

"Thought you would be here sooner." Harry got comfortable and mumbled to Timmy to bring them a tea service.

"Yeah yeah yeah, I love you all too, but there is something we need to talk about."

"Is it the basilisk?" Harry asked.

There was a pause in the conversation and everybody held their breath. They had finally confronted what was going on, all the petrification that had been happening, the attacks on the students. Harry was trying to keep calm, not wanting to confront it until he had to because he knew that he was going to tear the school apart. 

"In a way," Hermione said, "You said that you noticed something about the girl, Susan Boyle."

Harry let out a low hiss from between his teeth at her name and Crabbe and Goyle flinched in the corner, most would at the sound. 

"We have to find her." Harry ground out through his teeth. 

"Yes, kind of, what did you notice about her?" Hermione asked.

Pausing for a moment Harry looked at them all in the room then said "Crabbe, Goyle get out." the two boys stumbled up to their feet and left the room shutting the door behind them. "House elves, leave and make sure no one can hear us." There was a small shuffling and then silence.

Harry took a short breath and huffed out in frustration before his eyes turned red and the other three in the room jumped back.

"They look like the dark lords eyes!" Ron gasped, sifting back in shock at the sight.

"Harry" Draco whispered, seeing the red swirling in his friends eyes.

"I..." Harry started and looked to the wall for a moment "There was an incident, back when my birth parents died." He thought back to what Voldemort had told him, and still couldn't find an ounce of pity for his birth parents. "I got hit with a spell, and the results took a while to show. Now I can see the traces left behind by souls." He was careful not to say he could see the actual soul or he might oust his father's secret. "Bones has something on her that once belonged to my father." 

There was a pause, eyes still red Harry could see all the progress his friends had made since the beginning, how much bigger their smoke was. And how much darker. 

"So you know for certain that she has the thing." 

"Yes." Harry said "and tomorrow night we are going to find her. "Until then though I want us to relax and get ready. Let's celebrate having Hermione back with us."

🐍---------🐍