46. can ever imagine

"Rebekah?" Elijah answered his phone as he walked up to the Fletcher household.

"Elijah, Alaric Saltzman, who is supposed to be dead, just tried to kill me at the school, and he has the white oak stake and Brynley." Rebekah rambled. "We all have to get out of here."

"I'm not leaving again until I know Brynley is safe." Elijah shook his head and hung up.

-

Brynley's eyes opened and looked around, seeing Alaric's classroom and then Alaric. Her eyes widened  in fear as she looked down at her wrist, seeing her bracelet on it. She winced as she moved slightly, the ropes on her wrists burning her.

"Stupid fairleaves." Brynley groaned as she realized how badly her head hurt. She brought her head down to her hand and pulled away to see blood on her hand.

"Oh great, I definitely have a concussion and I'm bleeding in front of an evil vampire." Brynley thought to herself and she turned her head slightly to see Caroline, crying. Her sobs were muffled by the rope in her mouth that was burning her. Bryn looked down at her hands to see two pencils stabbed through them.

"Caroline." Brynley whispered and Caroline shook her head.

"Ah, you're awake." Alaric smirked and walked up to Brynley. His hand lifted her chin to look at him. "Hello Brynley."

"Go to hell." Brynley mumbled and Alaric slapped her across the face, tears brimming Brynley's eyes as she winced in pain.

"Right on time." Alaric said.

"Caroline, Brynley," Elena walked into the classroom. "Let them go, Alaric!"

"Free then yourself." Alaric pointed and Elena walked over to Caroline. Elena began to remove the pencil from her hand but Alaric sped over and pushed it back, Caroline letting out a scream.

"You said that you would let them go!" Elena yelled.

"How many times do I have to tell you, Elena? Stop trusting vampires!" Alaric shouted.

-

"Elena's not here. Alaric has her, Caroline, and Brynley and he's gonna kill them both unless you turn yourself over to him." Elijah heard Stefan say to Klaus as he walked up to the Gilbert house.

"It's the truth, Niklaus." Elijah stood next to his brother.

"Now, I know you're not asking me to walk into a certain death." Klaus smirked.

"I really wish we could. But unfortunately, if Alaric kills you there's a one in four chance that we die too." Stefan reminded.

"I'll take those odds." Damon walked outside.

"And a hundred percent chance that Tyler dies." Stefan added.

"I'm good with that too." Damon shrugged.

"Why don't we just figure out a way to put Alaric down?" Stefan asked

"Okay, how about Damon sneaks in and distracts Alaric, while Stefan grabs Elena and carries her to safety and Elijah gets Brynley and does the same?" Klaus suggested.

"Huh, that's a great idea. What's to stop me from getting killed instantly?" Damon questioned.

"Nothing." Klaus smirked and Elijah rolled his eyes.

"Enough fooling around Niklaus, that monster our mother created has Brynley, and while this may all be a joke to you, her safety isn't a joke to me." Elijah scolded.

"Caroline's in there. Don't you have a thing for her? Or did she just reject you too many times?" Damon smirked at Klaus.

"This isn't really helping too much." Stefan said.