01. the three amigos

s1e18: under control

"Brynley-B, get down here! Your ride should be here soon!" Evan Fletcher yelled from downstairs, in the kitchen of the Farley house.

"Coming!" Brynley ran downstairs, dressed and ready. "Did you make my lunch?"

"Yes," Evan nodded and handed the girl a lavender lunchbox with a floral design on it. "You're such a weird kid blossom, most high schoolers would just ask their dad for money and buy the school lunch."

"Well, I have taste," Brynley giggled at the use of her childhood nickname. "And I know my dad's cooking is 100 times better than anything Mystic Falls Highschool could prepare."

"You got that right." Evan agreed and Brynley began to get her stuff together. "No breakfast?"

"It's too early, Dad. My body is still used to eating breakfast at 10:00," Brynley sighed and grabbed a small gogo-squeeze from the fridge. "This will be breakfast."

"Good choice," Evan laughed. "Can you work later?"

"Can I just make it up tomorrow?" Brynley begged and Evan nodded before she looked down at her phone, receiving a text from Matt. "Matt and Tyler are here."

She walked over to the table grabbed her bag, walked over to her father and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"Bye Dad." Brynley waves as she walked out of the door.

"Have a good day." Evan replied and followed her to the door.

"Hello boys." Brynley smiled and Tyler Lockwood and Matt Donovan smiled at her.

"I don't want to be awake right now." Tyler groaned and Brynley laughed as she threw her back pack into the trunk.

"Matt! You coming to work later?" Brynley's father shouted from the door.

"Are you working?" Matt whispered to Brynley and she shook her head. "I'd rather not, if that's okay with you!"

"How are you guys doing?" Brynley asked while Matt began to drive. A couple days ago the body of Matt's sister Vicki was found and everyone has been a little on edge.

"As good as I can be doing." Matt sighed and Brynley frowned slightly

"Just try not to focus on her, Matt," Brynley suggested and Tyler smiled. "You too, Ty. If anything, focus on us. We can still make this year a great year for us."

"The three amigos." Tyler smirked.

"More like the three idiots." Matt corrected and Brynley rolled her eyes.

"Speak for yourself, idiot," Brynley crossed her arms. "We all know I'm the brains of this operation. Oh, and the beauty."

"Sure Bryn." Tyler shook his head and let out a laugh while Matt parked the car and the three began to get out.

"You left your gogo-squeeze." Matt pointed at the green-packaged snack that Brynley did indeed leave in the backseat of the car.

"Right," Brynley whispered and took the snack from Matt's hand.

"B, a guy on the football team asked us for your number." Matt said as the three walked inside the school.

"Matt." Brynley warned and Tyler shot the blonde a look.

"So, still no boys?" Matt questioned and Brinley shook her head. "Why not, Bryn? Do you know how many guys on the football team have asked us for your number?"

"And you've told them that I'm not interested in dating like the good bestfriend you are. I don't need anymore boys in my life Matt, I have you two, which is already crazy enough." Brynley interrupted before looking down with a frown on her face. "And you know what happened last time."