23. hair & jawline

"Aw Tink, don't you look nice?" Damon smirked as he and Brynley walked around the dance, dressed in 60s outfits.

"Someone is trying to make up for daggering my soulmate." Brynley rolled her eyes.

"Thanks for being here, everybody. We have a special shout-out tonight." A student spoke into the microphone on stage. "This is for Elena. From Klaus."

"That was a lame, cheap shot. He's just trying to bait us." Damon crossed his arm. "Do you see him, pixie dust?"

"Nope." Brynley shook her head and tried to avoid the pain in her chest.

"I know everyone here." Elena looked around.

"Maybe he's not here. Just wants us to believe that he is." Stefan sighed.

"It's a party, people. Blend. Let him come to us." Damon announced. "There's Ric. I'll be back. Let's go, Tinker."

"Special dedication, huh? This guy's a little twisted." Klaus-Ric looked at Bryn and Damon.

"I'm not impressed." Damon shrugged.

"Really? Because I'm terrified." Brynley admitted.

"Well, that's not that hard to accomplish." Damon joked and Brynley shot him a look.

"So, how does the whole soulmate thing work?" Klaus-Ric looked at Bryn.

"He dreams about my life, I dream about parts of his, since there's he's been alive for 1000 years." Brynley began.

"Yeah about that, since he's like 1000 years and you're like 12, you're gonna wait till you're 18 to do the dirty, right?" Damon smirked and Brynley slapped his shoulder.

"Oh shut up, Damon," Brynley rolled her eyes. "And I'm 17."

"Hm, you only have to wait a couple months." Damon joked.

"Well, that would be the case but then you fricking daggered him!" Brynley reminded with a sarcastic smirk on her face.

"So you admit that you want to do it with him?" Damon replied.

"I'm gonna dunk your head into the punch bowl." Brynley threatened. "But like have you seen him? Like his hair, and his jawline-"

"Alright, we get it." Klaus-Ric interrupted.

"Sorry, I forget your my teacher sometimes." Brynley shrugged and grabbed Damon's hand. "Come on idiot, we're dancing."

"I'm sorry about daggering Elijah," Damon apologized as the duo began to dance. "But I did what I had to do."

"What is that I hear? An actual apology coming from Damon Salvatore? Are you going soft?" Brynley laughed slightly and Damon rolled his eyes.

-

"Bonnie!" Brynley ran up to her and Elena. "Is it true? You'll die if you use magic to kill Klaus?"

"Yes." Bonnie nodded.

"You're not doing it, we'll find another way." Brynley shook her head.

"Bryn, it's okay." Bonnie smiled slightly.

"No, it's not-" Brynley began.

"Elena!" Klaus-Ric ran up to them.

"What is it?" Elena turned to him.

"He has Jeremy." Alaric said and the three girls followed him into a building. "Yeah, Klaus has Jeremy. Come on."

"Okay, so where are you taking us?" Elena asked.

"Just a little further." Alaric called from in-front of them.

"Wait...Something's not right." Elena stopped.

"Where's Jeremy?" Bonnie asked and Brynley slipped off her bracelet, handing it to Elena discreetly.

"I just had to get away from that dance. The sixties, ugh. Not my decade." Klaus-Ric laughed. "I mean, whose call was that, anyway? I much prefer the twenties. The style, the parties, the jazz."

"Ric, are you on vervain?" Elena questioned.

"Now why would you ask me that question, Elena?" Alaric continue to laugh slightly.

"He's being compelled." Elena said.

"No." Brynley shook her head and realized what was happening.

"She's right. Try again." Klaus-Ric demanded.
"Okay, I'll give you a hint. I am not Alaric."

"Klaus." Brynley sighed.

"Surprise!" He smirked and then looked at Brynley. "So, my brother's soulmate, huh?"

"Oh, no. No, it's not possible." Elena shook her head.

"Just relax, Elena. I'm not here to hurt you. You're not on my hit list tonight. Neither are you, Brynley." Klaus-Ric turned to Bonnie. "But you are."

Bonnie pushed Klaus up against the wall with her powers

"Now, did I mention that I knew a witch? You're gonna have to hit me a lot harder than that." Klaus smirked. "By all means...Fire away!"

"Anem endavant." Brynley chanted and her wand appeared in her hands. "Dolor al seu cos."

"Hm, impressive," Klaus admitted and Brynley looked at him, shocked that the pain spells didn't work on him. "The spell the witch put on me covered fairy magic, love. If you kill this body, I'll just get a new one. Maybe Jeremy."

"Go. Run. Run!" Bonnie yelled and the three girls ran out of the room.

"What happened?" Damon ran up to them.

"Klaus is in Alaric's body." Brynley said.

"What?" Damon questioned.

"He's possessing it or something." Bonnie explained.

"Go find Stefan. Now." Damon looked at Elena and Bryn and the two girls ran off.

-

"You didn't tell me that being daggered affected you." Elijah whispered to Brynley in the "dream world." Bryn reached up to her nose, seeing blood.

"Oh great, so I bleed here too," Brynley rolled her eyes and Elijah gave her a look. "I just didn't want to worry you."

"Now I am worried."

"Don't be."

What were you thinking trying to fight Niklaus like that?" Elijah asked Brynley.

"I was trying to protect Elena and Bonnie." Brynley shrugged and placed down a card. The two were currently playing Uno. "And he said he wouldn't hurt me."

"That was just tonight, Bryn," Elijah sighed. "He will hurt anyone he has to in order to get what he wants."

"But he knows I'm your soulmate now, maybe he'll go easy on me." Brynley looked at him innocently and Elijah wanted to smile at her kindness.

"I don't know b-" Elijah began before he gasped.

"Elijah, are you okay? Elijah?" Brynley questioned before he disappeared. "What?"

Brynley woke up and jumped out of her bed. She reached up to her chest, noticing how the pain in her chest was finally gone. She ran downstairs and to the basement of the Salvatore boarding house where she knew Elijah was being kept. She saw the door to his cell was open and looked inside, seeing Elena with the dagger in her hands, the Fletcher girl smiling.

a/n: tysm for 6k !!!