45. just two weeks

Brynley's eyes fluttered opened to see that she was alone in her bed. She turned over and saw Elijah standing in front of her mirror, slipping his suit jacket back on. A smile rose to her face as she remembered what happened last night.

She was in love.

And she told him that.

And no, nothing happened, get your minds out of the gutter.

"You know, one day I would love to wake up with you next to me." Brynley sat up and Elijah turned around with a small smile on his face.

"One day." Elijah mumbled and walked over to the bed, laying down next to Brynley. Brynley smiled sweetly at him as she moved closer, laying her head on his chest and he wrapped an arm over her shoulders. She looked up at him and Elijah kissed her forehead before saying. "I love you."

"I love you." Brynley whispered and a slight pout appeared on her face. "I don't want you to leave."

"I'll come back." Elijah promised.

"Can I go with you?" Brynley asked.

"You know you can't," Elijah shook his head. "You know you want to stay here and graduate."

"You're so responsible, it's annoying." Brynley rolled her eyes playfully and Elijah smirked at her.

"I promise, as soon as you graduate we will both go anywhere you want." Elijah said.

"Okay." Brynley agreed and placed a hand on Elijah's face, their lips meeting. Elijah pulled her closer by her waist as their lips moved together.

-

After Brynley got ready, the soulmates had breakfast together and it was time for Elijah to leave.

"Two weeks, it's just two weeks." Brynley whispered before Elijah kissed her again.

"I'm calling every morning to make sure you eat." Elijah said and Brynley rolled her eyes playfully.

"And I will call every night." Brynley promised and the original wrapped his arms around her, pulling her in for a hug. Brynley breathed in his scent, wanting to remember the feeling that she wasn't going to be able to experience for two weeks. "I love you."

"I love you. Goodbye, my love." Elijah kissed her cheek and Brynley smiled before he started to walk away. Elijah quickly sped back to the fairy, pushing her against the wall and into a kiss. Brynley reached up to wrap his arms around his neck and smiled into the kiss. The two pulled away breathlessly. "Two weeks."

"Two weeks." Brynley repeated and the original sped away. A goofy smile rose to Brynley's face as she looked down at the butterfly necklace before she walked into the Fletcher house and shut the door.

-

s3e21: before sunset

The two weeks passed by very slowly, but there was a lot going on during them. The originals were unlink from each other right before Finn was killed, when it was discovered that the entire sireline of vampires dies with their sire. Alaric was possessed by his evil-side thanks to Gilbert ring, and then Esther Mikaelson tried to turn him into a original-evil-vampire, but he didn't finish the transition and died. It now November 6th, the day after the decade dance and Brynley walked into the school with a huge smile on her face. Elijah was coming home today, so not even cleaning up after a disastrous dance with only Caroline could ruin her mood.

Brynley walked up to Caroline, who had just got off the phone with Tyler.

"Hey Bryn." Caroline greeted.

"Good morning." Brynley smiled and Caroline looked at her.

"You're smiley," Caroline noticed. "Is a certain original-vampire-soulmate coming back today?"

"Yes!" Brynley jumped slightly, obviously very excited. "So let's get this clean-up done as fast as possible."

"That's the spirit." Caroline agreed before the two turned around, hearing a noise. "Hello?"

Brynley shrugged as they walked into the cafeteria to see Rebekah.

"Where's Matt?" Caroline asked as Brynley walked over, giving Rebekah a hug.

"He bailed." Rebekah mumbled.

"My dad called him into work at the last minute." Bryn answered.

"Are you kidding me? So, it's just us?" Caroline groaned.

"Yes, and you're late. Clean up committee started at eight o'clock." Rebekah scolded and Brynley smirked.

"It's like 8:02." Caroline looked at her phone.

"Exactly. I managed to turn up on time and I didn't even get to attend the dance that I organized." Rebekah reminded and walked past the blonde vampire and the brunette fairy.

"I'm sorry about your mom. I mean I know you like, hated her and everything, but still...I'm sorry." Caroline apologized and Brynley nodded.

"I'm sorry about your teacher. He seemed like a nice guy." Rebekah sighed.

"Yeah. He was." Brynley agreed.

"I'm gonna get started on the gym." Rebekah walked out of the room and Brynley grabbed a trash bag and started to clean up paper cups and napkins. Caroline started to clean up as well before they both heard a crash. Caroline gave the fairy a worried look as Brynley slipped off her bracelet, tossing it to Caroline.

The two ran out of the cafeteria to see Alaric about to stab Rebekah with the white oak stake. Caroline rushed over and pinned Alaric.

"Feu dolor." Brynley waved her hand, her eyes glowing gold. Alaric began to groan in pain as Rebekah grabbed the stake and stabbed Alaric with it. Alaric reaches up to take it out while Caroline grabbed Brynley and sped out of the school, Rebekah following them.

"This is bad, this is not good, he's supposed to be dead!" Brynley rambled as Caroline fumbled with her keys to unlock her car. "Caroline, hurry the frick up!"

"I'm trying." Caroline stressed and Alaric rushed behind her, snapping her neck. Brynley screamed and tried to run away, but Alaric slammed her head against the car, knocking her unconscious.

A/N: SURPRISEEEEE
I just thought I would give a random filler chapter and wanted to let you all know that this book will be finishing on my birthday: July 20th, so that's my gift to you all.
Even tho it's kinda sad, but it's okay!!! Because we'll be having a book two and it's gonna be great and i already have a lot of it written!!! ok so yeah bye i love you all