22. finally lost it

s2e18: the last dance

"I can't believe I have to do this." Brynley rolled her eyes as she threw two duffle bags into the Salvatore house

"I just can't believe your dad agreed to it." Damon carried the blue box that Brynley's mom left her and dropped it on the floor.

"Hey, be careful with that!" Bryn scolded. "The only reason he's letting me do this is because he knows I'm safer with two vampires than I am with him, a human. And since Elijah can no longer protect me, it kinda leaves it to my dad to let you two morons protect me."

Stefan and Damon walked outside while Bryn walked over to Elena, who was signing the deeds to the house.

"Bryn, come sign." Elena smiled and handed Brynley a pen.

"Please sign here and here." The lawyer pointed and the Fletcher girl signed where ever she needed to.

"So this place is all yours? They just gave it to you?" Bonnie questioned while Brynley wipes yet another nosebleed. She assumed that this was all happening because her soulmate was daggered, but didn't want to worry Elijah so she didn't tell him.

"For now. As the two sole owners, we're the only ones who can invite a certain type of person in here, if you know what I mean." Elena replied while pointing at her and Bryn.

"Your own personal safe house." Bonnie smirked.

"That's the idea." Brynley shrugged.

"Wouldn't want to clean it." Bonnie joked and Brynley giggled. The three girls and the lawyer walked to the door.

"Thank you, Mr. Henry." Elena shook his hand before he left and Stefan and Damon tried to walk in, but couldn't.

"I'm sorry. I completely forgot." Elena apologized.

"I didn't, I'm enjoying it." Brynley laughed.

"Stefan. Would you like to come inside my house?" Elena invited him.

"I would love to. Thank you." Stefan walked through the door.

"Tinkerbell?" Damon called and Brynley continued to smirk. "What are we, twelve?"

"One of us is." Brynley joked.

"If I let you in, do you promise to obey the owners of this house?" Elena asked.

"No." Damon shook his head.

"Then go sleep in the doghouse." Brynley began to turn around.

"Fine." Damon agreed. "I'll listen."

"Then please, come in." Brynley offered and Damon walked in.

"Okay, I'm leaving." Bryn grabbed her book bag and car keys.

"Wait, where are you going?" Stefan asked.

"To school." Elena and Bonnie walked up.

"No, no, no. We didn't create a safe house for you two to leave it." Damon said.

"Yeah, guys, Klaus is out there. We know that." Stefan reminded.

"Right. But where? No one knows. Look, I really appreciate what you guys are doing. And I'll be able to sleep at night knowing that I'll be safe here, but I'm not going to be a prisoner." Elena explained.

"Don't worry, I'm ready. If he shows his face, I can take him. Know how." Bonnie promised.

"And I've been getting a lot better at magic, so I can defend myself." Brynley smiled.

-

"You as JFK, huh? I can't wait to see that." Brynley laughed at Matt as the two walked to her locker.

"Shut up, it's what Caroline wanted." Matt said and Brynley raised her eyebrows.

"Well, I'm glad that's going well. Dude, we need to hang out, we haven't seen each other that much every since Tyler left." Brynley sighed.

"Next week, we'll do something." Matt promised and Brynley opened her locker and a note fell to the ground. Brynley picked it up and her eyes widened.

You better be practicing spells, fairy, I'll be coming to get you soon.
- Klaus

Fear rose in her chest as she began to panic. Bryn frantically looked around for Klaus, but didn't see him anywhere.

"Bryn? Bryn-B!" Matt called and she snapped back to reality. "Are you okay? What was that?"

"Nothing, I'm good." Brynley lied and began to fidget with her bracelet.

"What does the note say?" Matt asked.

"It's just Bonnie, she needs to borrow gym clothes," Brynley grabbed a book of spells from her locker, tucked the note in her pocket, and closed her locker. "I'll see you later, okay?"

-

"Damon!" Brynley called as she walked into the Salvatore house.

"What's up, Tink?" Damon walked downstairs and Brynley handed him the note. "Oh god."

"He was at school!" Brynley yelled and ran a hand through her hair.

"What's going on?" Stefan, Elena, and Bonnie walked into the house.

"Klaus left a note for Bryn." Damon handed Stefan the note.

"He made a move at lunch too." Elena informed.

"So we go to the dance, we find him." Damon declared

"Really? How are we going to do that? We don't even know what he looks like." Stefan said.

"Something tells me he's not going to be sixteen and pimply." Damon joked while Brynley mentally debated on telling them about Elijah and everything else.

"He could be anywhere at any time. He compelled somebody at school." Stefan looked at Elena and Bonnie. "I guess it's not as safe as you guys thought, huh?"

"I know what Klaus looks like!" Brynley finally said and everyone looked at her.

"Really? How?" Damon crossed his arms.

"This is going to sound really crazy, but I saw him in a dream." Brynley admitted.

"So Tinkerbell's finally lost it." Damon joked and Brynley rolled her eyes before Alaric entered the house, but it was really Klaus himself. "There you are."

"Sorry I'm late." Ric apologized. "What's going on?"

"Pixie dust over here says she saw Klaus in a dream." Damon pointed.

"I'm serious, I know what he looks like! For the past couple weeks, I've been having dreams that basically explain to me Elijah's entire life. I know it sounds crazy guys, but it's true!" Brynley rambled and Klaus-Ric looked at her strangely. "Then I found out I'm having these dreams because Elijah and I are soulmates."

"Oh my god." Stefan's eyes widened.

"You're soulmates with Elijah?" Klaus-Ric asked and Brynley nodded.

"So we daggered your soulmate?" Damon smirked.

"Yeah, thanks for that by the way." Brynley rolled her eyes.

"This just got a lot more complicated then I thought." Klaus thought.

"This is good, so now Bryn can point him out to us at the dance tonight," Damon turned to Klaus-Ric. "That I need you to put me down as a chaperone for."