Lucifer x Lilith Oneshot: One and Two

Start from the beginning

But... I wasn't told about this until now. I've barely been acting distant though, does Father really have to ignore me? Or is this the work of that absolute...no...idiot Michael? Gabriel would've told me if he knew something, I'm the unflawed one after all, pure perfection.

His thoughts led him onward until he approached three angels washed in dark silver and black from their own protective wear. In the center of them, surrounded, was... Lilith.

She was just as beautifully new and mysterious as the dawn on Eden, the plants, animals, tastes... he shouldn't have been too surprised considering she was his father's creation. There was something stunning about her though. Like she knew more about life on earth and in heaven than he ever could. It had to be hidden behind those eyes. Sharp light-yellow eyes that were currently sweeping him up and down in examination. He couldn't help but blush a little before he spoke.

"Do you have this taken care of now or should I assist you to help it go faster?"

With how he murmured the question it was clear he wanted to be left alone with her, and the three angels nodded their heads signaling a "yes" and that they were done. They hesitantly pulled away and moved across the sand. As soon as they were out of earshot Lucifer stood to form eye contact with her... even if he had to look up to do so.

"It's unfitting how I'm seen as the perfection of heaven when you're standing right in front of me. Clear evidence of someone more perfect."

A light breeze combed through Lilith's hair and she glanced towards the sea breaking the gaze they'd shared. A flicker of disappointment ran through him but was soon interrupted by her flowing voice.

"And then you remembered that we aren't in heaven right now, and I'm not an angel. You can obviously see it, Lucifer."

"I'm not one to judge on looks," he grinned, "but I'm glad you remembered my name Eve."

The air stiffened in silence just as much as she did.

"...You clearly forgot mine."

My behavior is displeasing her then. But it also has to be the armor, it isn't exactly pretty to look at. Why did I put it on? The angels chasing her earlier were wearing the exact same armor, there's no way she can open up to me when I look like this.

A barely noticeable frown crept onto the angel's face, and with quick sharp movements he took the armor and the foggy sheen it gave off of his appearance, watching it fade into thin air along with the spear. And there it was: she let her shoulders fall displaying ease in tension.

"If I've insulted you with my words, Lilith, I'm sorry."

Another lengthened silence and a clean stare from the young woman made a shade of red draw onto his face. He tried- or spoke- again.

"It was Lilith, was it not?"

Something about the way he was wording things (and most likely how dramatically formal he was acting) made the mask of neutrality on Lilith's expression fall off. With a slight laugh, she smiled at him and drew up her posture. It was only now that Lucifer was able to take in the ragged white clothing turning black on the edges that accompanied her overflowing blond hair. He wondered why exactly it was darkening; maybe it was filth or sea salt that got on it. Or she had magic now and was casting an aura that affected her appearance. One that came out so well when she looked at him happily too, he made a mental note to try to get her to smile more in their conversation.

"Yes, it is Lilith, but you already knew that. In other words that was your attempt to get a reaction from me. If you're even that clever anyway."

"Both names are beautiful, but I definitely prefer the second one. It means night monster and storm goddess, right? It's definitely something new. And I already serve a god, maybe I could serve a goddess as well~"