001

HERMIONE

"A lemon drop. They're a kind of Muggle sweet I'm rather fond of."

Imperial College finally felt quiet as the summer break approached. There was little gossip or rumours that strayed from the breaths of muggles about their plans along the Amalfi Coast or their yacht In the Mediterranean Sea. It was most likely due to their early and eager escape.

For Hermione, it was the setting she loved the most.

The semester was a breeze, floating from class to class. With discussion, debates and lectures, it was everything the girl admired. The ability to hold such information was a gift to Hermione. Years of hard work and curiosity payed off.

Her phone ringed in her pocket as Alfie's name flicked onto the screen. 

"Hey, Alf," Hermione greeted with a chipper voice. "I'm just leaving campus."

"I just got to your place and you're out of apples. I'll go down to the store and will be back before you."

Hermione chuckled and shook her head softly. "You broke into my apartment?"

"You already forgot that you gave me a key?"

"Sorry," Hermione muttered. "It still feels strange."

"Don't worry. I'll buy some Munchies while I'm there. Sound good?"

"Thanks Alfie. I'll see you soon."

"Love you."

Hermione wanted Alfie to last longer on the phone, as if he refused to let her go. But unfortunately, he wasn't the guy who could read her like a book. She thought muggles were different, but they were just a vapid, maybe even more than the others.

Hermione began to make her way to Paddington. Other students chose buses, but Hermione enjoyed the underground. The walk to Gloucester Road was short but sweet, able to let her fatigue mind stretch and relax.

The train came quickly, and she boarded accordingly.

Hermione was unusually specific regarding the way she travelled. Instead, Instead of taking the direct line to Paddington, she escaped to Embankment and went from there. The extra journey gave her mind a break from quizzical questions and instead focused on those around her.

It was a quiet train, considering office-workers haven't escaped the constraints of their offices just yet. But as soon as the train hit Oxford Circus, the crowds were suffocating.

People watched each other; hands tight on their bags. Pick pocketers were in their prime, and every Londoner knew it.

Hermione remained aware as she watched every person who jumped onto the train. She studied their faces; their ethnicity; their gender. She used her memory skills well, hopeful that she wouldn't be required to apply them to a situation.

Everyone shifted their feet collectively as the train jolted forwards. Some felt the awkwardness of a bump with a stranger, but most kept their senses alert without the need to meet each other's eyes.

The Marylebone stop arrived and larger groups of passengers began to depart. The shuffle of feet was quiet as the voice boomed over the speaker, ordering them to watch the gap. 

Hermione surveyed the crowd, watching each person make their way back home. They all had different stories behind doors. But on the train, they were just another brick in the wall. But one face caught her attention.

He was tall and fair, hair as white as snow. He was a boy of her memories, and he was getting away.

"Excuse me."

Hermione began to push through the crowds, unafraid to shove it needed. Once through the crowd and on the platform, she glanced side to side, trying to find the boy.

She was unlucky. Her eyes couldn't find the being in the crowd, as if he was a figment of her imagination. Everyone continued to walk to their destination and the train began to ring, calling for the last passengers and ignoring Hermione's distress.

Hermione had to choose; chase something that she thought she saw or continue on with her ritual. But after a moment, she caved into logic and returned to the train.

Authors Note

Authors Note

Hey, everyone. Welcome back to another run of the Dramione world in this little format. It's different than being restricted to the magic world, instead I wanted them to explore the muggle world together.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed this first chapter and my eagerness to jump right into the plot. Let me know your thoughts, ideas, dreams, aspirations, anything!

Also, please let me know what you think of the cover. I am currently a little unsure of it since it doesn't entirely match my #DRAMIONE  theme. Comment what you think and I'll go from there!

Love,

Matilda Grace

ps. I cannot get over this gif - absolute goals...