THE FIRST KISS

"Are we going to kiss or not? "

"Sure!" He stammers. He is hesitant.

"Haven't you had sex before like thrice? " I troll him, with a little jealousy inside.

Like he told me, he isn't a virgin and has been in like so many relationships before. A guy like that, what would he hesitate kissing a girl?

Well, my virgin ass and zero relationship history has every right to be nervous.

"Of course," With this, he slowly bends and places a soft peck on my lips, to which I immediately respond by pressing my lips to his.

All butterflies!

It is a cold, first night of January 2018

It is a cold, first night of January 2018. We are sitting outside a multiplex, talking and sharing things before he could leave again for his city. I am Chitra, and he is my distant boyfriend, who has come to see me after an online relationship for two months.

"I never thought you will come." I tell him what is going inside of my mind.

He cups my little face, in his hands. "Don't you love me?" He asks.

"Of course I do,"

"No power in the world is stronger than love." He holds my hands and kisses them. "And I would do anything to touch your soft, little hands again and again."

OMG, how can someone be so cute.

"I know."

"What! "

"That I am cute." He pats my nose. We both have been wearing same color jackets, on purpose. And he has brought me a huge bulk of gifts, that I have been holding in my hands for a long time.

"You hungry?" He asks as we walk by the street. "I want to have an ice cream. "

"Me as well. " He buys us the ice cream as I see my phone buzzing.

Mum calling...

I am dead tonight. I look up and see him clicking a photo of me.

"No! " I look the other way, feeling shy as he keeps clicking photos of me.

"They are so good." I tell him as I see them one by one. The photos actually turn out to be such amazing candids.

He chuckles, holding my hand again. "Can't get over your soft hands. "

"I need to leave. But I don't want to leave. You are so warm." I snuggle my hands into his jacket.

"You should, it's quite late. Come I will drop you. "

"You sure? What about your friends? "

"Come on, nothing of them. "

He takes my hand and leads me to the car. After introducing me to his friend, we both get ourselves into the backseat.

"This is it?" I rest my head on his shoulders.

"This is not, I will come back again." He presses my hand, comforting me. "Look at me."

I looked up and he slowly leaned in to kiss me, a little longer than the previous one. These long distance relationships are so virtual and difficult. This is our very first meeting. And who knows when we will meet again.

"Ahm-ahm!" His friend in the front clears his throat and adjusts the back mirror.

"Shit! " I whisper to him, embarrassingly.

"Did you see the card I made for you?" I try to change the topic.

"Wait," The car is stopped at the red light and he jumps out of it to open the trunk and jumps back in.

"Whew! What was that? "

"Your card, let's see what you have written for me."

This is the time, when he is reading out to me and I am just thinking about the time when he will be gone and I won't be able to touch him, or feel him closer to.

"Hello? " He snaps his fingers, breaking the train of my negative thoughts.

"And we are home." I look around as we stop at the lane, next to my house.

We get out of the car and he pulls me into a tight hug.

"I will miss you, " He utters. I hug him tighter. This is the best feeling in the world. You want the entire world to just freeze right now so that you could live this moment forever.

"I love you," He tells me, looking straight at me with his dark, round eyes.

I don't want to cry. I might not see him for months again.

"I love you, don't go! "

He chuckles. "Tomorrow morning, I will give you a call, see that if we could meet again? "

"Tomorrow, we might leave for visiting the fort early morning." His friend interrupts.

"But we will find a way. Although I was thinking driving in the morning is safer. "

"You should leave early morning." I tell him, late morning means extreme traffice. "You will be there by the afternoon? "

"Yess," He kisses my forehead. "You should get going."

I gave him one last hug and walk to my house.

This is terrible. I have a bad feeling.

I entered and see my mom standing upstairs, giving me looks. Hope she didn't see me with him. She will kill me.

"Where were you?" She asks.

"I told you Mom, it was a birthday." I avoid eyeing her, and straightaway run to my room.

"I will see to you tomorrow morning. " She shouts.

I know she will kill me tomorrow morning but right now I just want to think about today.

The best day of my life.

I changed and immediately hit the sack. A text from him saying "Goodnight my love" arrives on my phone.

All the doubts I have had for this relationship, flew away. He is exactly the same as I thought he was.

I hope this relationship will last. But it isn't easy. The golden period is always the brightest but what about the challenges...