Part 2: Chapter 2

"Hey do you mind if I join you guys today?" Eleanors eyes were locked on the ground as her sleeve kept wiping under them.

Cierra was throwing her backpack into her pickup truck when Eleanor had approached. She shut the door immediately and walked to Eleanor, wrapping an arm around her.

Meg was also putting her things in the car and walked to the front to join the other two.

"Of course you can girl. We're just going out to eat and then hanging out. The more the merrier." Cierra squeezed a now smiling Eleanor.

When Cierra left to climb into the front seat of her car, Meg approached her best friend. "Ella. I know you better than anyone else. If there's something that's seriously bothering you...please don't think you need to keep it from me."

Eleanor nodded a little before pretending like she wasn't just upset and fixing her blonde hair. "Meg you worry too much. Come on I'm starving."

The girls climbed into Cierras pickup and were off towards the closest diner.

They were sure to choose a secluded booth next to a window facing the road. It was a quiet day so there were hardly any people at the diner. The three each ordered burgers and a large array of sides to share.

"Are you excited for the new soccer season to start? Varsity is a pretty big deal you know." Cierra smiled and fluffed up her now icy blue dyed afro. It's almost impossible how Cierra is able to rock every single color she puts in her hair.

"Oh hell yes. I'm determined to beat every team and with you as goalie I'm sure that will be easy. Nothing gets past you Ci." Meg nudged Cierras arm and dipped a french fry into the ketchup.

"Well you're not such a bad forward yourself Reidy. Ella, you're going to continue with cheerleading, right? I've seen you at football games, you're pretty great at the whole flipping and stunting thing." Cierra stuck her milkshake straw into her mouth and smirked.

Eleanor shrugged with a mouthful of onion rings. "I guess. I mean I feel like I want to focus on student council if I want to become secretary."

"Why don't you run for president or vice president? You've been in student council since middle school." Meg asked.

"Well to be honest I do it for the service hours. And I like organizing and planning things. This year I'm trying to make more time to spend with my friends and family and Felix."

"I don't want to sound intrusive but is there something going on between you and Felix? You both seem a little distant sometimes." Meg mumbled in a lower tone so just Cierra and Eleanor could hear her.

"We do? Oh." Eleanor sighed and her eyes moved to her hands in her lap. "Well he has football conditioning and I have school stuff and I guess we're just not making enough time for each other. Don't worry though we both love each other still."

Cierra moved so that she now sat beside Eleanor and draped an arm over her shoulder. "Well I'm glad to hear you're ok. Who needs men anyways?" The trio chuckled.

"Hey what say we go to La Push? The beach always puts people in a good mood." Meg suggested when the girls had climbed into Cierras huge truck again.

"I'm in. I have a soccer ball in the back. We can get in our practice when we're there!" Cierra chimed as she shifted the gears of her truck and sped onto the road.

"Oh and Eleanor because you're my best friend and I love you so much, we're making you learn to play soccer too." Meg laughed slightly at Eleanors now concerned face.

"I promise that you'll regret it..." Eleanor warned with her eyes widened.

"Too late." Cierra and Meg both joined in laughter as Eleanor sighed, sinking into the back seat.

La push in Washington is not very much like the sort of beaches you would typically think of. It was much colder there with rocky shores and fallen trees scattering the sand. The waves were decent for surfing and it served as a pretty good hangout spot for many high school and college students.

The truck parked in a sandy spot on the beach. The group filed out of the car and Cierra went to get her soccer ball.

"Ella you've seen me play plenty of times, it's not hard I promise." Meg smirked and pulled Eleanor further towards the beach by her wrist.

Cierra tossed the ball into the air, Meg hit it off of her chest and settled it in her feet. "Eleanor this is coming to you."

"Oh no...." Eleanor prepared herself as Meg gently kick the ball towards her feet. It caught a little bit of air which made Ella back out of the way slightly and the ball rolled towards the water.

"We'll have to work on that..." Cierra laughed as she ran to fetch the runaway soccer ball. She tossed it to Eleanor who did this time stop it in her feet.

Eleanor lined up a kick and swung her foot hard into the side of the soccer ball. The ball lifted off of the ground again and went in the opposite direction to where Meg was standing.

The ball bounced off the sand before hitting a group of shirtless guys sitting there. Eleanor ran forward to retrieve the ball and began a shower of apologies.

One of the lone boys stood up and tossed the ball back to Eleanor. Meg hadn't really seen those people before. Maybe a few times on La Push but the one who gave Eleanor the ball back seemed familiar.

"Ok let's go before I embarrass myself any more." Eleanor threw the ball gently to Cierra who agreed.

"Fine we'll stop torturing you, we can head back to my place." Cierra chuckled and tossed the soccer ball between her hands.

A few minutes later the truck pulled up in the driveway of a fairly large home. Cierra ran to unlock the front door and let the other two inside.

A boy walked down the front hall steps, "Cierra where did you put the tv remote?"

"Nice to see you too Cam and I dont know! You had it last." Cam was Cierras twin brother. They were both very very tall and muscular built. Probably thanks to both of them playing tons of sports since they were kids.

"Hey Cam, long time no see." Meg shut the front door again behind the group.

Cams whole demeanor changed. His angered frown turned into a gentle smile as he addressed her. "Hey Meg...hows um soccer going?" He rubbed the back of his neck slightly.

"It's going great. How's yours?"

"Good, good. Well I'll just go upstairs and not bother you anymore." Cam jogged up the stairs again and shut the door to his bedroom.

Cierra turned to Meg in slight disbelief "Girl, you can come over all the time..."

The trio laughed and continued on playing board games and sharing pints of ice cream until it was time for Eleanor and Meg to head home.

Marge picked Ella and Meg up after they said their goodbyes to Cam and Cierra. Ella was then dropped off at her house leaving Marge and Meg to their drive home when Megs phone buzzed.

She climbed out of the car and shut the door before reading her notification. It was a text from Jasper reading: We need to talk...

A/n Hey everyone! I realize I have a lot of people who read this story so I felt obligated to address the situation most of America is in. I FULLY support the Black Lives Matter movement. Everyone deserves basic HUMAN rights. If you are unaware of the situation or do not support it, I suggest you educate yourselves and take part in the things like signing petitions or even attending a protest! Love Always- M