Chapter 31 (Finale of Part One)

Prom night. Meg had never thought she'd be going to Prom, much less with a date. Even a friend date. Eleanor had her hands over her eyes in the corner of Megs room, a glossy grin across her face.

Eleanors hair was curled and twisted into a neat bun and she wore a long, lavender dress with a fitting bodice and a tulle skirt that stopped at her mid calf. The dress had thin straps, a sweetheart neckline and a thin floral lace laying over the skirt.

Felix stood in the kitchen in his own black and white tuxedo as he made conversation with Marge and Bob and waited forever for the girls to be done getting ready.

Meg put her own dress carefully on and turned around to face Eleanor. "Open your eyes." Meg told her, preparing herself for the attention that would follow.

Eleanor did as she was told and almost burst with excitement. "You look absolutely beautiful! Even I'm jealous!"

Megs dress was one of the nicer things she owned. It was a deep scarlet a-line silk that reached her feet. There was a slit in the skirt that stopped at her thigh. The neckline was straight across and there were two thin straps around her shoulders, holding the dress up. Her hair was braided into a loose ponytail and curled. She wore Marges pearl earrings with Jaspers necklace hanging around her neck still, sparkling silver in the light. "Thanks Eleanor..."

"Well Felix and I have to go and set up Prom a little bit. Student council things. But we'll see you and your date there soon!" Eleanor moved her eyebrows up and down and poked at her best friend teasing her a little. She then wrapped her small arms around her unsuspecting friend and gave her a gentle hug. She rushed out of Megs room and dragged Felix out of the house by his wrist.

Meg walked out of her room soon after the pair left. Marge gasped before smiling brighter than she had in a long time, "Meg you look absolutely radiant sweetie!"

Bob turned around and glanced at Meg before nodding in approval, "Well how about that."

"Thank you. I love you both." Meg moved to her grandparents and brought them both into an almost tearful hug. Well maybe Bob shed a few tears. "We love you too." He sniffed before blowing his nose into a handkerchief he keeps at all times.

There was a subtle knock on the door. Marge practically pushed Meg out of the way as she rushed to open the door herself. "Jasper dear!" Marge pulled the unsuspecting boy into another hug. Jasper half accepted it before quickly letting go and turning to Meg with a corsage in his hand. A rose of course.

Meg smiled at the boy and bit her bottom lip. She picked up the corners of her skirt and curtsied slightly, causing Jasper to nod his head in a hat tipping motion. "Well I guess I'm the lucky one then."

Jasper wore a fully black tuxedo complete with a black undershirt as well. His tie was the same scarlet as Megs dress and damn he looked sharp.

"Well I think I actually did a pretty good job picking a date." Meg moved her hand into Jaspers to let him slide on the corsage. He then leaned down and placed a kiss on her hand. Meg had to bite her inner cheek to keep herself from blushing. Friends. It wasn't until then that they noticed Bob was taking pictures the entire time.

Meg shot her grandpa a 'really' look before smiling at the camera as Jasper kissed her hand. Jasper stood up and wrapped an arm around Megs lower back. They both smiled at the camera one more time before Meg spoke.

"I think we'd better get going. Don't want to be too late." Meg could tell that being around her grandparents made Jasper uncomfortable. Likely due to them being very human and very touchy. She didn't notice him take a single breath in since he walked in her door.