Chapter 21

Meg walked into the English Literature classroom and sat at her respective desk in the front. Her burgundy sweater was pulled over her hands and the turtleneck set halfway up her neck. Her jeans were cuffed at the bottom near the top of her combat boots and her air sat brushed but not done up any fancier.

Clouds returned to the sky from the previous days and continued their reign over Forks. A light breeze blew in the crisp air, shaking leaves and causing branches to shudder outside the window and warmth of the high school classroom.

Meg broke her gaze from the world outside and turned to the deep brunette who sat next to her. She seemed zoned out into a book Meg had never seen before. The cover was a smooth royal blue with the embroidery of a native american on the cover. Her intrigue on the books design caused her to speak to the girl, "Cool book. What's it about?" Meg leaned forward on her desk and placed her elbow on top, resting her cheek on her hand.

"Hm?" Bella looked up from the pages and back at Meg. "Oh um thanks. It's just about old fables and such." Swan tugged at her bottom lip and waited as Meg nodded before returning.

The halls between classes held no sight of Jasper. The day wasn't bright and sunny anymore so surely they were done with their trip. It gave Meg some relief when she saw a large brunette boy being dragged to the cafeteria by a beautiful blonde. She quickened her pace and reached them in time to tug his arm.

Emmett spun around, followed by Rosalie, and beamed when he saw the human girl. "Hey Reidy!" He placed a large hand on the top of her head and ruffled her hair. She smiled slightly but pushed it away as she cleared her throat. "Is um Jasper here at all?"

Emmett opened his mouth to speak, but Rose did first, stepping forward mods gentle than threatening. "He's not here today, sorry." She eyes the girl with her deep brown eyes and pulled Emmett into the cafeteria and to their respective table. Emmett gave Meg a shrug as he was being dragged.

Meg sighed, clenching her fist as she did so. She entered the same door and made sure to walk right past the Cullen table. Alice waved to her and although Meg was mad, she couldn't be rude to Alice. She gave her a smile back as she mentally counted everyone at the table.

Four. Everyone was there besides Jasper. Why on Earth would that be? Was he possibly ashamed of missing the project day he decided to skip altogether? Or was he just an asshole?

"Hey did you get the grade for your project?" Eleanor asked the occupied girl, pulling her figuratively back to reality and physically into her seat at the table.

"Oh yeah, I got a 93 with 5 extra credit points. We lost a few points for some of the data Jasper put that wasn't backed up by the textbook."

"See! That's really good! You don't need that godlike jerk to do anything, you handled that well all on your own." The blonde nudged her friends shoulder who nudged her back again.

"You doing anything after school?" Meg perked up before taking a bite of the turkey and pickle sandwich she packed.

Eleanor shrugged lightly, her blonde curls bouncing with her shoulders. "Just cheer practice and Student Counc-" She paused and her blue eyes widened in realization. The rest of the group paused as well, their eyes on Eleanor as she shot up from the table. "My student council meeting!"

She frantically began gathering her things again, her white skirt twirling around and the sleeves of her jean jacket cuffed just under her elbows. As she turned, she nearly ran into Felix who was standing behind her with his lunch tray.

"Hey I-"

"I'll talk to you later I'm late for a meeting!" Eleanor stood on the tips of her toes to plant a kiss on the cheek of a disappointed Felix and scurried off.

"Well, that was fun." Felix sunk into his chair in defeat and tapped his fingers on the table for a few seconds. "Dibs on her fries."

Megs eyes darted from each hurrying student and moving car in the parking lot as everyone was eager to get home after a grueling day of school. Something moved in the distance that caught her eye and pulled it away from the crowd.

A boy began walking towards the vast forest that stood next to her school. She recognized his outfit and crazy hair to be Edward Cullen, but why was he going to the woods. Then Meg noticed another thing, the dark haired girl that began chasing behind him was Bella.

There was definitely something going on between them, but Meg had her own issues with a Cullen boy to deal with. And deal with them she planned to.

Felix leaned against the driver side door of his car, talking to a few of his football friends, one of them Meg recognized to be the boy Eleanor had been tutoring. Go figure.

Meg tapped Felix's shoulder sigh surprising force causing him to turn around with a face that said, 'what the hell?!'

"Hey, Instead of driving me home I need you to drop me off somewhere ok?"

Felix looked his friends as he seemingly pondered the question. "Alright Reid, hop in."

Meg moved to the passenger side door. She could only sit in shotgun when Ella had after school plans and couldn't ride with them. Felix did some sort of handshake with his friends and climbed through the driver side door window causing an eruption of laughter from them.

"Was that really necessary?" Meg asked as she clicked her seatbelt into place and moved a few strands of hair from out of her face.

"Of course it was. How else would I have gotten in the car? Open the door? Where's the fun in doing something everyone else does?"

"Felix, I say this was absolute certainty, You are an idiot."

Felix winced at the comment and put his hand on his chest in pain before laughing and pulling out of the school.

It was a longer drive than it would be to get to her house, but not too painful. "Stop here." Meg told the boy as they came to a familiar area of trees and a smaller organic path in the grass beside them.

"Here? In the middle of the road? This doesn't seem safe...I think I should just take you home" Felix pressed the break as she obeyed anyways and looked at her with furrowed brows.

"I'll be fine Felix. My...friends house is nearby and I need to get a bit of walking in anyways, I'll call you if I'm dying ok?" Meg rolled her eyes and unbuckled the seat belt. Felix tried to protest but instead crossed his arms and watched her exit. "Fine, but if you get mauled I'm going to say I didn't drive you anywhere."

"Thanks jerk." Meg smirked and slammed the door shut. She watched the black car start up again and roll down the road until it was shrouded by trees.

The girl took a few steps back until she was blanketed by trees and the sky was green with the leaves and branches hanging over her head. Once that happened, she turned on her heel and began running in the direction of said friends house. She needed to pay someone a visit.

A/n hey y'all sorry I got real busy yesterday but wrote a chapter first thing this morning! Who is everyone's favorite character so far? Love always- M