Epilogue

It takes exactly 12 days for things to go back to some semblance of normal.

Awsten hums as he stirs a pot of soup on the stove eye. He tries to ignore the bulky alarm system attached to the kitchen window in his peripheral vision. He knows it's only temporary- Travis said that as soon as Alex gives him the greenlight, he'll come and remove all of the extra safety measures.

Last he heard, Jack and Emerson are healing, and there's been no further gang activity. Awsten is happy to be free of the impending threat, but he's even more relieved that Geoff is finally free of his father's damning presence.

Despite knowing that there's no longer anyone after them, Awsten can't help but think about the world he witnessed. He saw a completely different side of life- a side that most people only see in movies or books. The thought of what's out there scares him.

A pair of arms wind around his waist, careful to not get too close to the hot stove.

"Baby, the soup's been boiling for three minutes now- I think it's done," an amused voice says.

"Oh!" Awsten exclaims, and takes the pot off of the eye.

"You know canned soup is already cooked, right? You're just supposed to heat it up, not cook it again-" Geoff says in a teasing tone, letting the purple-haired boy go so he can set the pot on a potholder.

"Hush!" Awsten interrupts, turning around and grabbing Geoff by his shirt. He pulls the brunet in and kisses him.

After a second, they pull away when they hear Otto enter the kitchen. "Am I interrupting?"

"No, Geoff was just being an ass," the purple-haired boy replies.

"Hey!"

"When is he not?" Otto comments.

"Hang on just a damn minute!" Geoff responds, faking offense.

Awsten and Otto begin laughing, and it seems almost as if the sound restores color to the house. The monochrome fades away, and the colors that once made up the three boys' home are restored fully.

Purple, green, and blue are among the colors, and Geoff had never been so happy to drown in them.

***

The end! Thanks for reading!!💕