We'll Figure It Out

"Who are we involving? It's a whole gang, meaning we need a team- a bigger one than usual," Patty says from the passenger seat. Alex shrugs and changes lanes.

The two are on their way back from Geoff's house. The conversation went well, but Alex could tell that the possible issue with the gang weighed heavily on Awsten as soon as he heard it. He understands why Geoff never told the purple-haired boy about the eventual need to do everything again.

"We need to get other people on our other cases. Geoff is our number one priority," Alex mumbles out, slightly lost in thought.

"Tyler owes us a favor- he can take care of the situation with Brendon," Patty states and begins sending out texts.

"Josh can deal with our other case- send him. He'll need a small team in order to handle Oliver. Get Remington, Emerson, and Ben to help him," Alex instructs, and the car falls silent. The only sounds are the rumble of the motor and Patty tapping out texts.

"Alright, who do we need?" The blond boy asks as he cracks his knuckles.

"Well, what assets do we already have?" Alex asks before answering his own question. "You're an amazing coordinator and supervisor. Jack and I are field agents. Zack is excellent at finding people and performing getaways. Rian is the best damn security detail I've ever worked with. Who else do we need?"

"We need someone who can disappear. I'm contacting Kellin," Patty says as he starts typing again.

More silence invades the car as Alex tries to think of anyone else they can use. They need backup, and a lot of it.

"Message Jawn. We're still cool with him, right? Have him on standby, so if we need numbers we'll have him and his people waiting. Contact Travis, too- we'll need more people than just Rian on security," Alex instructs as soon as Patty stops typing.

Patty nods and does as he's told.

The rest of the drive back to the apartment is quiet, with Alex driving six miles above the speed limit and Patty coordinating with the people taking over the cases.

***

The apartment isn't what you'd expect with a group of five vigilantes living under one roof. It has two floors and is clean and organized.

The first floor is just a basic kitchen and living room, with simple decor and color schemes. The floors are hard wood and the couches are black leather- easy to clean blood off of.

The boys try to avoid fights and getting shot, but it's a bit easier said than done in their line of work. More times than any of them are able to count, someone- usually Jack or Alex- comes home with a large gash from a knife, or a busted lip, or even a bullet hole or two.

Rian's not only great at guard duty, but excellent at playing doctor for the many scrapes, scratches, and bruises that litter his teammates.

It's a rare occasion that any of them have to go to the hospital- Rian is that good, and the other boys are that good at staying out of range.

The second floor is various bedrooms and the security room. Jack and Alex share one bedroom, while Rian and Zack share the other. Patty sleeps in the room with all of the security monitoring equipment set up. He's the lighest sleeper, so he can easily be woken up by an alarm being tripped. The whole apartment is decked out with security cameras and motion sensors- the place is locked down tighter than Fort Knox.