Chapter 25: Telling Mom and Dad

Start from the beginning

"Umm," Remus looks over to Sirius to get the ok and Sirius put both his thumbs up to let him know that he can do this and to continue. "Yes we do," nodding his head once, showing a bit of confidence.

Both his parents went and sat on the couch while Remus continued to stand. Remus gestured Sirius to sit on the chair that was a bit behind him. He sat down and Remus continued to the task at hand.

"So you see..." Remus started to trail off. Damn he really didn't want to do this, but he was thinking of his perfect day, his happy land, to get through this. "Nutella, cuddles, kisses—"

"What was that Remus?" His mom asked.

Shoot he wasn't supposed to say that aloud. "Oh yeah sorry about that! Now where was I?"

"You were going to tell us something important?" Lyall said.

"Right! Ok. So. I don't really know how to do this."

"Remus and I are dating!" Sirius blurted out. He couldn't stand Remus' awkwardness and it was just killing him to see Remus do this. Plus he was taking too long and Remus wasn't the only one who wanted cuddles and kisses.

"Sirius!" Remus turning towards Sirius.

"I'm sorry Rem, but you were taking too long and your awkwardness was killing me on a whole new level."

"Well sorry if I was killing you with trying to tell my parents that we're dating."

"Well they seem to be fine with it."

"And why would you say that?"

"Because they have small smiles on their faces. That's why."

Remus turns back towards his parents to see that his boyfriend wasn't lying.

"You guys aren't mad? Upset in anyway?"

"Oh Remus," Hope giggled. "You guys are so obvious and adorable together."

"Uh?"

"What your mom is trying to say," Lyall started, also trying to hold in a small laugh. "Is that we already knew that you guys were dating."

"How!?"

"I told you Remus that they had an idea about us."

"Shut it Siri," a small smile starting to form on Remus' face. "Thank you."

"Remus there is nothing to thank us for," Hope explained to her son. "As long as you're safe and happy, we're happy."

Remus' smile grew and went in for a hug with his parents until he realized, "I regret giving this hug."

Sirius bursted out laughing at Remus' comment and couldn't control his fits.

"Why do you say that Remus?" Hope asked. She was quite enjoying this family group hug and didn't understand why her son is regretting it.

"Oh I don't know mom," he steps away from his parents, now getting his dad's sweat and a bit of dirt on him. "Maybe it's because dad's all dirty and sweaty! That's why! And now I got it all over me and now need to take a shower."

"And he sat on my couch...LYALL!"

Lyall cringed at his wife's screech. "Sorry?"

Sirius just continues to laugh at this scene in front of him and just couldn't stop.

"Oh you find this funny now do you?" Remus said with sass in his voice.

"M-maybe?" Sirius shaking from laughter.

"If you do find this all funny then...dad?"

"Hm?"

"Go give Sirius that fatherly why don't ya? He's now part of the family, is he not?" Remus growing a mischievous smirk on his face. If Remus has to go through hugging his sweaty and dirty dad, then so did Sirius.

"Wait what?"

"Come here son!" Lyall yelled.

"What? No! No no no! Stay away!" Sirius running to the kitchen hoping to not get the hug, but he kinda regrets that and wished that he ran to Remus' room and locked to door because Lyall caught Sirius and gave him the biggest bear hug in the century. "Oh why me?"

"Welcome to the family Sirius," he lets go of Sirius with a big smile on his face. "Can't wait time see you more often. Now I must go back to work. You and Remus should probably take a shower."

"Yeah no kidding," Sirius said, but with a smile on his face. He was so happy that he was officially part of Remus' family and was more happy to know that he had other people to go to when he needed it. "Thank you by the way..."

Lyall turned back to Sirius and gave him a smile and said, "no problem son."

Remus sees Sirius come out of the kitchen with the Nutella and pretzels and he said, "I guess we have to add a shower on the list of things we need to do?"

"Yeah," Remus responded. "Let's do that."