Chapter 6: Full Moon

It's been about a week since Remus arrived at Hogwarts. Him and Lily were now at the Library on a Saturday afternoon with a full moon this coming evening. Luckily for Remus, Lily can't be out past dark when it's a full moon, so they'd be leaving a few hours before the sun starts to set.

"So Remus?" Lily breaking the silence that was between them.

"Hm?" Remus looking up from his book he was in the middle of reading.

"I'm double checking if you were still going to James' house for the sleepover we're having?"

"Sleepover..?"

"Yeah remember we're all sleeping over at James' house tonight? You said you were going yesterday at lunch."

Remus looked surprised at this. "I did?" Not remembering even saying that because tonight's a full moon. He was probably reading or in the middle of thinking about something or just staring at Sirius with everyone being oblivious to him doing that.

"Yes you did Remus," Lily reassured. "Remember James begging me to go and then used you as a bribe for me to go? And then you said that you'll make sure James doesn't touch me because you're such a mom with me, even though I've only known you for about a week."

"I-I can't go Lily!" Remus almost yelling. "Plus it's a full moon tonight. And I thought your parents didn't allow you to go out during a full moon."

"They allow me to sleepover at a friends house. As long as I'm there a hour or more before the sun starts to set and I don't go outside during that time I'm fine. Plus there was a reason why I told you to bring a change of clothes, blanket, pillow, and any other stuff you would need for a sleepover. We're going there right after we are done with the library."

Remus went pale at this. He can't go to the sleepover because of the full moon.

"I'm sorry Lily...but my parents are VERY strict about me going out on a full moon period! No sleepovers, no nothing. Just tell Sirius, James, and Peter I'm not not able to make it tonight because I forgot there was a full moon tonight."

"Really Remus...can you just make this one time an exception? Please?" Lily made the puppy dog eyes, not as good as Remus, but still good enough to get Remus or anyone else to do her bidding.

I guess it's the night they find ou— NO! Remus can't let them know! Not yet at least...

"I'm so sorry Lily, but I really, REALLY can't go...I'll make it up to you though!"

Lily pouted. "Fine...but you have to get me five king sized Kit-Kat bars! And if James touches me you gotta beat him up next time you see him."

"Deal. But if James does touch you I'll tell Sirius to beat him up if he does. How about that?"

Lily smiling was what gave Remus the answer he needed.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The sun was going to set in two hours so these two had to get a move on. Remus decided to walk Lily to James' house because Lily's parents don't like Lily walking by herself when she's not near her house and Remus totally agrees with that.

They got to James' house and knocked on the door. James answered the door with a bright smile on his face and spoke out,

"Come in guys!"

Remus decided to stay for a few minutes before the sun starts to set and the moon starts to rise, so he walked into the house with Lily. Once they got in the house they witnessed an upside down Sirius on a twin couch and a Peter sitting on a chair with his legs cris-cross.

"Hello Lily and Remus!" Sirius greeted with a big smile on his face.

"Hi Sirius, Peter," Lily responded.

Peter gave a welcoming smile while Remus waved.

Lily, Remus, and James went to go sit down. Lily and James next to each other, Lily giving him a don't-touch-me face, and Remus next to the upside down Sirius.

"So who's ready to see some werewolves tonight!?" Sirius asked energetically.

"Hell yeah!" James responded with the same amount of energy.

"Why do you guys always want to go out during a full moon?" Lily asked very seriously.

"Um...because it's fun," James said.

"Plus it's very dangerous and exhilarating!" Sirius added.

"Don't you guys think you'll get hurt if you go out there..?" Remus having full amount of concern in his voice. "Not only are there werewolves, but vampires out there as well. Vampires are much more deadly than werewolves, so I don't recommend going out there."

"How do you know so much about this stuff R-Remus?" Peter asked.

"Research? Trust me though...I've seen a vampire kill before. They just go for their victim without thinking twice and leave."

"Aren't werewolves like that too?" Lily asked.

"Not all, but some. It's hard to find a deadly werewolf out there. I've run into plenty before and I was just fine."

*Ring-Ring*

Remus' phone started to ring so he went to another room to answer it. It was his mom calling.

"Hello?"

"REMUS!"

"Hi mom. What's up?"

"Remus the sun is going to be going down in five minutes! Where are you!?"

Remus eyes went wide. He hasn't even noticed the time because of his werewolf and vampire conversation with his friends.

"Oh my god I didn't even notice! I'm on my way now."

"Hurry Remus!"

He hung up the phone and rushed into the living room saying, "I'm sorry guys, but I really have to go."

He didn't give anyone time to say anything and just left. He left his stuff and his friends all having confused looks on their faces.