Chapter 9: Don't Worry

They know...they know they know they fucking know!

Remus started to visibly shake in fear while repeatedly having 'they know' in his head. His wolf ears were down and he was starting to shrink towards the corner of the couch. Tears were threatening to escape his beautiful golden, amber eyes and all he could think right now was, 'they're going to not be my friends anymore aren't they? They're probably going to turn me in and I'll end up being killed...'

Everyone was witnessing this scene play out in front of them and they were worried for their werewolf friend. Sirius was more on the side of let-me-hug-you-and-I'll-never-let-you-go. That's all he wanted to do for his poor friend, but he couldn't because he didn't know if he should or not.

You could now see tears start to slip from the poor wolf's eyes. Everyone didn't know what to do, but Euphemia decided to speak up and say, "Sweetheart...are you ok?"

Sirius found his voice and went closer to Remus to say, "Remus? You're shaking and crying...please don't deny it because we can one see it, and two, we just want to help you." He then reached out his hand very slowly in hope to not startle the poor boy too much because he's already in a state of fear.

Remus flinched and hid his face in his knees while turning it away from the people in front of him. He's too afraid to speak and he's too afraid to be touched right now.

After his actions Sirius decided to pull his hand away from him but rested it on the couch so it's still at a close proximity to Remus.

"Remus whatever you're afraid of...please know that we're here for you and we're not going to hurt you," Lily said in a very calm, quiet tone.

Remus stopped shaking after hearing this from his friend and looked up towards the people in his room and finally found his voice, "Yo-you're n-not..?"

"No! Why in the world would we do that!?" James said, a bit more loud then Lily, but that was because he saw Remus calm down and plus he wanted Remus to be reassured that he's not joking around, if that was even possible.

"Remus why in the world would we think of hurting you?" Sirius asked.

"W-well i-it's because of what I-I am...I thought that you wouldn't want t-to be friends a-anymore and would end up k-killing m-me."

Everyone just stared at Remus in horror. James' parents were in the shockest of shocks. Did Remus just go that far in saying that they would kill him? Saying they wouldn't want to be friends anymore is one thing, but killing is on a WHOLE different level.

"Ok Remus let's get this thing straight," James started. "Kill you!?"

"Yeah Remus why the fuck would we do that!?" Sirius flailing his arms all over the place.

"Remus I would expect you to say something about us not wanting to be friends anymore, but saying we want to kill you is TOO far!"

"Sirius, James calm down!" Lily yelled at the two. "You're kinda freaking Remus out, and you won't let him explain why he would say that in the first place. Now Remus why would we not want to be friends anymore? We love you too much not to be friends."

"Y-Yeah Remus!" Peter speaking for the first time in forever.

"Remus just because you're a werewolf, doesn't mean we don't want to be friends anymore."

"What they said."

"Are you guys sure? I mean—"

"Remus shut up! We love you and will be friends with you until we die! At least I will," Sirius joking at that last bit. Hey Sirius was serious about it, but he knew that Lily, Peter, and James would be friends with Remus until they died. Like they said, THEY LOVE HIM TOO MUCH!