A Final Rant (hopefully)

Well, it's been a few months since I declared this book closed, but I wanted to take a moment to add this one part, before marking it as 'complete' forever. What I wanted to add is... well... *sigh*

Again, please understand that I have nothing against the band(s). It is the fanfictions that bother me. And what's bothering me now is the latest trend: Five Seconds of Summer.

The 'Hot' fanfiction page of Wattpad is now littered with 5SoS and 1D. I can't say I've heard either's music too much, but I have to admit, I do not like the fanfictiosn one bit. It's like all those teenage girls who couldn't satisfy their hormones by writing sex with Harry Syles or whatever are now trying to do the same thing with Calum Hood (I have no idea if I spelled that name right, and am far too lazy to google this.) I've especially taken time off studying for finals to do this rant. Because guess what?

YOUR FANFICTION STINKS. 

I'm so done with reading about abusive backstories, cliche characters, Mary Sues, happily ever afters, songs written especially for you, being the 'perfect one' for him, knights in shining armours with princesses to rescue, shitty AUs that make no sense, bad grammar, no punctuation, unnecessary sex, rubbish drama, pregnancies or gay people as plot twists, marriages at the age of seventeen, not a care in the world for age differences or educational requirements, horrible titles, comments which make me want to throw up and then go sob in a corner, making families, nonexistent parents, and everything else that's ever been horrible about One Direction fanfictions that are now disguised as 5SoS fanfictions.

Also, can we stop calling them 'boy bands'? As far as I'm aware, none of them play instruments. They're acapella groups with a beat in the background and someone occasionally strumming the guitar.

Also, do not compare them to the Beatles. Let me give you some representation of how far apart they are:

THE BEATLES

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

(Several million levels)

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

One Direction / Five Seconds of Summer.

And guess what? The Beatles played instruments.

Anyway, I'm digressing. The point is all the things that you find in a One Direction fanfiction are exactly what you will find in a Five Seconds of Summer fanfiction. They're horrible and they're littering the planet. I feel like we need to go on an eco-drive to try and help the environment and all those of us who are suffocating in this heap of nonsense literature, if you dare to call it that.

There are a lot of people who want to write nice, sensible fanfiction with a real story and plots that are novel, which you (if you're an avid fanfiction reader/writer) know are ridiculously hard to find. And while I'm not claiming that all Harry Potter or Doctor Who fanfictions are any better than bandfics, at least they don't overpopulate the place. We need a fanfiction plague.

I'm ranting again. Sorry.

Officially signing off yet again (with the sincerest apologies for adding this extra part),

HarryPotterFreak7