08

5000k words, don't disappoint! ♥️

Chapter 8

Villa Verde

"Mama Mia! Is that how your mother taught you to chop onions?" Laura asked one of the female chefs, looking over her shoulder with disgust

"Mama Mia! Is that how your mother taught you to chop onions?" Laura asked one of the female chefs, looking over her shoulder with disgust. The young woman closed her eyes and wished that Laura would disappear when she opened them again.

Laura suddenly heard the giggling of Raelyn and the base of Stefano's voice as they entered the kitchen. She swiftly turned her head and stepped down from her tiptoes.

"Zia, are you harassing the staff again?" Stefano asked, raising his eyebrows at his aunt, yet with a playful smile on his lips. "Oh! Stefano, my dear. Donna, welcome home." Laura outstretched her arms as she went over to embrace the married couple. She kissed their cheeks and broke away with a proud smile.

Raelyn gave Stefano a bewildered look and Stefano shrugged his shoulders. He knew his Zia was overly dramatic.

"Come, come, my darling." Zia grabbed Raelyn's hand as she walked quickly towards the sunroom. "Zia, what's going on—"

Raelyn turned her head to look at Stefano as she was being dragged away. He gave her a wink before shaking his head and laughing. "Where did you and Stefano go? I see something in both of your eyes." Laura asked, already prying into their business.

Raelyn threw her head back with laughter. "It's a surprise, Zia."
Laura raised both of her eyebrows in surprise. "Oh, I see it's big news. So big you can't even tell your poor Zia?"

Raelyn shook her head laughing. "Please, you know it's not like that."

"Bene." Laura waved her hand in dismissal. "Anyway, I've been meaning to get some alone time with you." Laura says.
"Oh, what's the matter?" Raelyn asked, knitting her eyebrows in worry.
Laura shook her head. "Oh no, Niente. I just wanted to thank you for making my Stefano so happy. You've given him a reason to be stronger and put his family before all else."

Raelyn smiled. "I love Stefano. I'd do anything to make him a happy man. Everyone knows that."

Laura placed her hand on her heart as she took a seat facing the windows. "Stefano always told me you remind him of his mother. I have to admit that you share some characteristics with my dear Siena."
Raelyn remembered that Laura was best friends with Stefano's mother. She sat down next to Laura.

"I guess this is my chance to ask you all about Siena and my husband when he was younger." Raelyn chuckled. Laura smiled and nodded her head. "Yes, I have a feeling Stefano hasn't satisfied your hunger to know more."

"I've been married to the man for five years. He's been an open book but I know you can give me the juicer details." Raelyn said, wiggling her eyebrows in a suggestive way. Laura laughed and slapped Raelyn's thigh.