07

Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Villa verde

Caterina yelled into the dark, starry night with her hands high in the air. She felt the roaring of the engine in her heart and soul. The vibrations she felt gave birth to life. Her hair blew in the wind and her head was firm against the seat as Angelo pressed on the gas once more. "Whoooo! Mio Dio! This car is fast!" Caterina yelled on top of the roaring engine.

Angelo chuckled to himself as he made a quick glance at Caterina. He couldn't help the big grin on his face. Seeing her so wild and free, happier than he's ever seen before, he embraced the moment they were sharing together. In his eyes and in his heart, Caterina was the epitome of beauty.

Her big bright eyes, raised cheek bones and large grin stirred a sensation he's never felt before. "You want to see me do a donut?" He asked. Caterina nodded her head eagerly as she tried to smooth back her hair.

Angelo drove off the main road and found an acre of dirt he could do his trick in. "Hold on to your belt tight!" He told Caterina. Angelo gripped the steering wheel and yelled as he made the car circle around about five times. Caterina closed her eyes tightly and cheered as she felt the rush of adrenaline.

Caterina sighed and took off her belt as Angelo parked his brand new Bugatti in the middle of the evidence. "You're not as lame as I thought." Caterina says with a teasing grin.

Angelo lifted an eyebrow. "Oh, well this is new information." He said, faking his hurt. They both laughed and Angelo brought her hand to his lips to kiss it. "I've never felt like this in such a long time. I want to thank you for tonight."

"Non c'è problema..."

"Your Italian accent is horrible." Caterina critiques him.
"I'm a second generation Italian American, give me a break." Angelo threw his head back laughing.

Caterina gave him a small smile, she then frowned.

"What's wrong, Cat?" Angelo noticed the swift shift in her mood.

"Soon I'm going to be introduced to a new man. I won't be able to sneak off with you like this anymore." She told him.
"Cat—"
"We both knew this would be temporary, that we can't be together."

"Says who?"
"Stefano will kill you. This isn't up for debate."

Angelo couldn't close his ears from her words so he decided to close his eyes. He had to go against his heart and accept it. The girl of his dreams was so close yet so far.

"Sometimes I think of all the men I've had in my life. Adriano, Papa, Alphonso...I loved them all and I lost them all. I love Stefano as well, he's the only one I have left."

Angelo squeezed her hand, letting her know he was listening. "He loves me, I know he does. We've been through so much. He has a wife and family now, he does not have time these days to worry about me. I can't help but feel alone."