06

Chapter 6

La Tana

Laughter erupted as Angelo continued with his obscene joke about his strip club adventures

Laughter erupted as Angelo continued with his obscene joke about his strip club adventures. Thomas shook his head and covered his mouth, attempting to hide his smile. Stefano scoffed and returned to his desk, hiding his smirk. "You know i'm right." Angelo said, looking at everyone's face to win approval.

The men were interrupted by three soft knocks at the open door. All heads turned to a model-tall, brunette woman standing by the door. Long, curly locks cascaded down her shoulders and she batted her dark eyelashes nervously as she caught the attention of every man in the room. Stefano excused the men and they politely nodded to the woman in respect.

"Fiona, I was expecting you earlier." Stefano smiled with his arms wide open to greet her. They greeted each other with two kisses on each cheek before going in for the embrace. Fiona chuckled as she pulled away. "Did you really think i'd skip out on seeing you?" She asked, squeezing Stefano's arm softly. He chuckled in response and buttoned his blazer before taking his seat.

Fiona tossed her curls behind her shoulder and followed suit. "How have you been? How's your mother doing these days?" Stefano asked, knitting his eyebrows in concern. "It's been too long, Stefano. We'd have to catch up some other time." She giggled, shaking her head. Stefano smiled in response. "My mother though, she's doing so much better. The doctor says all she needs is to take it easy from now. My brother and sisters are keeping her company now that i'm back in Rome."

"I'm so glad to hear that. Please send her my regards."

"Of course I will. I would love to make your stay easier by being of any help. Is it true your wife is pregnant?" She asked him, tilting her head to the side.

"I really appreciate that, thank you. Have you not met her yet?" Stefano laughed at the end of his question. He leaned back in his chair as he watched her. She'd changed since the last time he'd seen her.

"You know i'm shy."

***

"Oh just think about it darling. You know, I know this nice boy." Laura started, continuing her antics yet again. She sipped her wine as she stared at the young woman. Caterina shook her head with a smile. She knew what was coming next. "He's tall, handsome, and so hardworking. He works for Frank's company."

"Is that so, Zia?" Caterina asked, pretending to be amused.

Laura nodded her head. "Yes, darling. He's asked about you many times." She continued. Caterina raised both her eyebrows. She knew her beloved aunt would not stop harassing her so she decided to give in. Why not? It's the holidays and she could use more fun. She'd meet this man her aunt was so pressed for her to meet and if she couldn't be bothered with him, she'd kick him to the curb.

Caterina looked down at her watch and bit her lip. "Zia, we'll talk later. I have to take care of something." Laura nodded her head and waved her hand to dismiss her niece.