Chapter 30 - Visiting

Start from the beginning

"I'm scared," I admit.

"Is is okay mi amore, I am here," Vinny says as he holds my hand. I take a deep breath to calm down and he kisses the back of my hand.

"Will you promise to hold my hand the whole time?" I ask and he nods.

"I have to let go now so we can get out of the car but I will hold it again," he says seriously and I let out a small laugh. We both get out of the car and Vincent grabs my hand again.

I'm not sure where his grave is so we wander down the path together, looking at all the headstone names to find Adrian's. Vincent stops walking and points to one that has no flowers and a small headstone. I step closer and see it says Adrian Matthews.

"Is this it?" Vin asks and I nod, my mouth suddenly dry. He doesn't say anything else as I stare at the grave.

He's really dead.

He's never going to hurt me or my family again. Marcus is safe, Vinny is safe, I'm safe.

"Are you alright?" Vinny asks.

"I'm okay my love," I answer and squeeze his hand gently.

"How did you cope with what he did to you?" Vincent asks me curiously.

"I didn't really, Marcus was much worse off so I focused on helping him and neglected my own feelings. When Marcus tried to kill himself I was overcome by guilt so I nearly hanged myself. Then eventually I went to see Orion properly and he helped me deal with my guilt. I get urges to self harm still, but he gave me alternatives that won't leave marks," I say while I look at the gravestone.

"What alternatives?" He asks as he rests his head against my shoulder.

"I usually hold ice. It hurts without leaving marks. I haven't done that in months, since I met you actually. You keep me safe," I say and he smiles.

"I am happy you are happy now. Ti amo," he says.

"I love you too."

"If you ever try to hurt yourself again, please tell me and I can help," he says firmly.

"I will. I promise," I say and kiss his head.

"He is lucky he is dead, I would have made him suffer," Vincent says with the deadly look in his eyes.

"I know you would, now can we leave? I don't want to be here any longer," I say and Vincent starts walking us back to the car. I pick up my phone when Vincent says he'll drive us home and see Cole has texted me.

Cole: Marcus is being mean.

I laugh and show Vincent the text as he starts the car.

Me: what has he done?

Cole: he woke me up to go for a run with Nathan

Me: I'm surprised Marcus is awake

Cole: he promised Nathan we would go with him but I'm staying at home. Are you with Vinny?